Gig'ing live on Facebook tomorrow. With high quality audio

Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10356
So tomorrow afternoon at 2:30pm we are gonna broadcast live on Facebook the first Superheroes gig since lockdown .... live from a secret location in Waterlooville... We think we have the technology to pull this off with high quality stereo audio and decent video.
It could of course ... all go wrong :) but that's the jeopardy with live music.
For the live stream go to https://www.facebook.com/superheroes.rock at 2:30pm

For anyone interested I figured out how to get a decent stereo audio stream straight into an iPhone using a powered USB hub, any old USB audiointerface  and a lighting to USB camera adapter. 

Connect the USB camera adapter to the iphone. now connect the USB type A port of the adapter to the USB B port on the  hub. Then connect the USB audio interface to the hub using your normal type A to B cable. Use another port on the hub to connect a lighting cable back to the adapter so your phones got charging power. 

Go to your camera ap, choose video ... put some audio into your USB interface and boom, decent sound straight on the video. 

Setlist tomorrow is gonna be 

WILL WE DANCE (SAM FENDER) 

START 

LETS DANCE  

BOYS OF SUMMER 

DESIGN FOR LIFE 

MY GIRL 

HOTEL CALIFORNIA 

TIME 

WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME 

CREEP 

THE WALL 

SATURDAY (SAM FENDER) 

DOWN IN THE TUBESTATION 

ALL THESE THINGS I VE DONE 

IT MUST BE LOVE 

RUN 

FAKE PLASTIC TREES 

TOWN CALLED MALICE 

MR BRIGHTSIDE 

WITH OR WITHOUT YOU 

FIX YOU 

Right i'm off to get pissed :)

www.2020studios.co.uk 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    My dads birthday tomorrow so won’t be able to watch sadly. Down in the tube station one of my all time favourite songs plus lots of other greats. 

Have seen Danny’s band a couple of times - really good. 
  • brilliant, will try and watch this

• Danny1969 said:
    So tomorrow afternoon at 2:30pm we are gonna broadcast live on Facebook the first Superheroes gig since lockdown .... live from a secret location in Waterlooville... We think we have the technology to pull this off with high quality stereo audio and decent video.
    It could of course ... all go wrong :) but that's the jeopardy with live music.
    For the live stream go to https://www.facebook.com/superheroes.rock at 2:30pm

For anyone interested I figured out how to get a decent stereo audio stream straight into an iPhone using a powered USB hub, any old USB audiointerface  and a lighting to USB camera adapter. 

Connect the USB camera adapter to the iphone. now connect the USB type A port of the adapter to the USB B port on the  hub. Then connect the USB audio interface to the hub using your normal type A to B cable. Use another port on the hub to connect a lighting cable back to the adapter so your phones got charging power. 

Go to your camera ap, choose video ... put some audio into your USB interface and boom, decent sound straight on the video. 

Setlist tomorrow is gonna be 

WILL WE DANCE (SAM FENDER) 

START 

LETS DANCE  

BOYS OF SUMMER 

DESIGN FOR LIFE 

MY GIRL 

HOTEL CALIFORNIA 

TIME 

WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME 

CREEP 

THE WALL 

SATURDAY (SAM FENDER) 

DOWN IN THE TUBESTATION 

ALL THESE THINGS I VE DONE 

IT MUST BE LOVE 

RUN 

FAKE PLASTIC TREES 

TOWN CALLED MALICE 

MR BRIGHTSIDE 

WITH OR WITHOUT YOU 

FIX YOU 

Right i'm off to get pissed :)

Enjoyed that a lot, thank you :)

That Gretsch looks really nice..

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Sounded great!
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10356
     Thanks for the comments guys didn’t go too bad in the end although we were rusty.
    using audio direct from the mixing desk straight into a USB stream into the iPhone does certainly sound so much better than just using the microphone built into the phone ... was  a strange mix for our engineer as he had to deliberately mix it wrong what he was hearing in the room so it would sound more or less right on Facebook ... when you’re in the room you hear the acoustic sound of the drums and the amplifiers but obviously on Facebook you only hear what the mics are picking up so it’s a different kind of mix you need. 

That basically involves mixing the drums higher than you would normally and the vocals under what you would normally

All in all though went well
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • That was good  I really enjoyed boys of summer and hotel California , it was great to see the fielder doubleneck for that. Which one are you? The bass player is good isn’t he  he really likes to rock out. Enjoyed that
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10356
    That was good  I really enjoyed boys of summer and hotel California , it was great to see the fielder doubleneck for that. Which one are you? The bass player is good isn’t he  he really likes to rock out. Enjoyed that
    I'm the one in black with the double neck for Hotel and the Stellacaster for the all the other songs. The bass player is also an accomplished brass player who regularly plays the Albert hall in a suit and tie but yeah, he's a rock out character and a party animal  
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 139
    Enjoyed that, thanks! The sound worked out really well!