NGD . PRS DGT . BLACK GOLD WRAP .

What's Hot
RockhardRockhard Frets: 127
edited September 2020 in Guitar
Back in 2011 I had a 2010 Tobacco Burst with Hollow Birds 10 Top . Lovely but got rid as no matter how tech fettled nut , tuners , bridge , trem , springs ... it wouldn't return return to pitch after whammy use , which is somewhat contrary . Anyway , this one is pretty ace and will be good company for my 3 Les Pauls .Image may contain guitar table and indoorImage may contain people sitting guitar and indoor

Image may contain people playing musical instruments guitar and indoor
0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15428
    tFB Trader
    Still love a DGT - and so versatile  Enjoy it for many years

Going back to your other DGT and a tuning issue - My guess would be damaged/worn fulcrum points - The 6 at the bridge - can be easily damaged and cause such issues if not correctly set-up/adjusted - Only cure then is to replace the whole set and they are not cheap - As a rule, NEVER adjust them when the strings are at pitch - Better still NEVER adjust them as they should be factory correct and never need adjusting 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5320
    I’ve just put my DGT into Eflat and it’s a monster...Happy NGD :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    tone1 said:

By Parcelforce or by design?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Gassage said:
    tone1 said:

By Parcelforce or by design?
    Parcelforce put it into a totally new tuning.. beginning with an ‘F’ =)  
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2161
    tone1 said:
    For half a second I thought that Eflat was the Israeli national airline and they’d damaged your guitar! ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That looks stunning. I love my DGT. Although I am more than a little jealous. Mine is supposed to be a 10 top but doesn't look half as good as yours! 
    Mine’s a Standard version...which has had the volume pot order swapped, and a bone nut fitted and fret dress (and a neck repair) by the wonderful Neil @IvisonGuitars ;

https://i.imgur.com/D8rWSkQ.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yours looks fab without the blingy binding :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Still love a DGT - and so versatile  Enjoy it for many years

Going back to your other DGT and a tuning issue - My guess would be damaged/worn fulcrum points - The 6 at the bridge - can be easily damaged and cause such issues if not correctly set-up/adjusted - Only cure then is to replace the whole set and they are not cheap - As a rule, NEVER adjust them when the strings are at pitch - Better still NEVER adjust them as they should be factory correct and never need adjusting 
    That could been it ! It was a mint one year old but who knows . I don't recall tech mentioning that at time but it was his first PRS experience . He's far more experienced now but I will mention it . Cheers .

• RockhardRockhard Frets: 127
    edited September 2020
    tone1 said:
    Yours looks fab without the blingy binding -1 

Thanks . Its is a lovely top and without faux binding and moons is more tasteful . Though I understand binding , birds and other bling is a must for some . My tech and mate had a DGT Standard and loved the all mahogany tone ;-)

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25099
    Super colour.  I like the ones without "binding".
    tFB Trader
    Rockhard said:

That could been it ! It was a mint one year old but who knows . I don't recall tech mentioning that at time but it was his first PRS experience . He's far more experienced now but I will mention it . Cheers .

The problem with those screw fulcrum points is you can't tell they are worn with a flat spot, until you strip the assembly down - You have a hunch, when you've tried everything else, and maybe like yours, there is still a tuning issue - Then you investigate

I've known some players/techs adjust these 6 screw fulcrum points, with a few to taking down the action a bit more if required - But often work carried out when the strings are at pitch - The PRS trem works well, but those 6 fulcrum  points should be left alone unless you know what you are doing 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • The DGT is my favourite PRS by a country mile. Congratulations!
  • NIce score - Great guitar and even better colour - one of my faves. I had an SC-58 Artist pack in the same colour that i regret selling to this day. Everyone should own a DGT.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25099
    Rockhard said:

The problem with those screw fulcrum points is you can't tell they are worn with a flat spot, until you strip the assembly down - You have a hunch, when you've tried everything else, and maybe like yours, there is still a tuning issue - Then you investigate

I've known some players/techs adjust these 6 screw fulcrum points, with a few to taking down the action a bit more if required - But often work carried out when the strings are at pitch - The PRS trem works well, but those 6 fulcrum  points should be left alone unless you know what you are doing 
    Great advice.  I'm no guitar tech but one thing which really winds me up is people adjusting bridges - or components of bridges, or tailpieces - with the strings at normal tension.  It just chews the parts up and ruins them, all for the sake of saving a minute or two.
  • RockhardRockhard Frets: 127
    edited September 2020
    Had it set up by tech with 10s , better for me . Had to set relief , lower action and intonate , also bridge was decked so reset trem to float . He said it was unusually out for a PRS but happen previous owner just looked it at rather than play it . Plays and sounds terrific now . Might be a keeper this time ha .
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    Rockhard said:

Great advice.  I'm no guitar tech but one thing which really winds me up is people adjusting bridges - or components of bridges, or tailpieces - with the strings at normal tension.  It just chews the parts up and ruins them, all for the sake of saving a minute or two.
    agree about chewed up studs etc 
    tFB Trader
    Rockhard said:
    Had it set up by tech with 10s , better for me . Had to set relief and intonate , also bridge was decked so reset trem to float . Really nice it is for tones and playability . Might be a keeper this time ha .
    Hope it works out all okay for you
  • Rockhard said:
    Had it set up by tech with 10s , better for me . Had to set relief and intonate , also bridge was decked so reset trem to float . Really nice it is for tones and playability . Might be a keeper this time ha .
    Hope it works out all okay for you
    Cheers mate . It is a fine example of a great guitar and I like it a lot . I intend to get best out of it . There's be no logical reason to let it go . It's different enough but fits well with me being an LP guy .
    Rockhard said:
    Had it set up by tech with 10s , better for me . Had to set relief , lower action and intonate , also bridge was decked so reset trem to float . He said it was unusually out for a PRS but happen previous owner just looked it at rather than play it . Plays and sounds terrific now . Might be a keeper this time ha .
    I went for 10’s too...which feels great, even 1/2 step down  :)