D'Addario XT Strings

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11725
    FarleyUK said:
    Yep - I've got alien acid for sweat!

Some people are like that.  I lent a guitar to someone for a weekend once, and it came back with the strings black.

I could have played it until I'd worn through the strings and they would never have gone like that.

If you do have than kind of body chemistry, the compromise of coated strings might make sense.  I don't know if the plain strings are coated though.  If they aren't, then they are probably a waste of money.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3891
    Much preferred Elixir Optiwebs. 
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    Recently put a set of these on one of my guitars... Aaaand after a month the G and B strings are black and gross like you would expect from the regular XLs at half the price.

Thin hydrophobic coating my arse. I'm disappointed. I've used D'addario for donkey's but I might have to switch to Elixirs.
  • I hate to admit it but elixir optiwebs have been a revelation for me... I've had sets on guitars for nearly a year and they're still super playable.

I would say I still prefer the feel of (fresh) ernie balls. But my weird sweat means the plain strings start to really drag after 2-3 weeks. I'd be happy to change strings on the regular if I had 1-2 guitars, but with 5 (some of which will be played less for weeks at a time), being able to pull a guitar out of its case months after the last string change and with strings still feeling nice and smooth is great.
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Bidley said:
    Recently put a set of these on one of my guitars... Aaaand after a month the G and B strings are black and gross like you would expect from the regular XLs at half the price.

Thin hydrophobic coating my arse. I'm disappointed. I've used D'addario for donkey's but I might have to switch to Elixirs.
    Do you play the guitar after being down't pit?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    thegummy said:
    Bidley said:

Do you play the guitar after being down't pit?

I am't pit.
  • I'll be the pendulum then.

Bye!