Nash JM - only £31.26 postage

What's Hot
GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8892
in Guitar tFB Trader

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 17500
    Do you ever feel like you are not charging enough?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Love it! 

What a chancer...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5529
    with the £10 off voucher Ebay have given me..its way more affordable at £5995:)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12886
    To be fair to the seller though the data sheet is in English.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    I would be ashamed to rock up to the local jam session with that. 'Hard Aged', with a hammer and chisel no doubt.

I remain unconvinced about the value of Nash guitars, after all they are just parts guitars and some of the parts are budget fare. For example that JM trem is a generic non-locking affair like Squier fit to their offset guitars. 
  • mbe said:
    I would be ashamed to rock up to the local jam session with that. 'Hard Aged', with a hammer and chisel no doubt.

I remain unconvinced about the value of Nash guitars, after all they are just parts guitars and some of the parts are budget fare. For example that JM trem is a generic non-locking affair like Squier fit to their offset guitars. 
    Funny you say that, not the first time I've noticed this in 'big name luthiers'
  • That’s a pretty shite relic job.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Somebody’s having a giraffe..!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Whoa that's expensive. Doesn't look to be in mint condition either!

And why the heck does the trem have a spoiler?! That's worrying, it indicates the guitar was not set up correctly when built surely? Jazzmasters need a high bridge/saddles and angled neck to get the correct break angle. A spoiler would kill some of the weird, fun overtones you get from behind the bridge, no?

Or am I overthinking it? 
  • mbe said:

I too am unconvinced, but they seem to have reached critical mass as a “brand”, and though they are just partscasters, they do seem to hold their value to a great extent. Any of them I have seen for sale 2nd hand have not been massively devalued.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Whoa that's expensive. Doesn't look to be in mint condition either!

And why the heck does the trem have a spoiler?! That's worrying, it indicates the guitar was not set up correctly when built surely? Jazzmasters need a high bridge/saddles and angled neck to get the correct break angle. A spoiler would kill some of the weird, fun overtones you get from behind the bridge, no?

Or am I overthinking it? 
    Nash always puts buzzstops on his JMs. I’ve always assumed he just doesn’t “get” the model at all (because if he did he wouldn’t want to spade them). 

This one is particularly comical in terms of pricing but still won’t even have rounded fretboard edges as Nash seems to have missed the memo that the best things about relics is how they feel
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8892
    tFB Trader
    Their necks are the pinnacle of ageing. I mean, just look at all that yellow and grey
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2146
    Years ago, I used to always look on ebay at sellers from Japan, and picked up some right good buys, 80's/90's Fenders.

Now, and for quite some time, the new thing with the Japanese bedroom dealers, Is drop-shipping. They steal photos from bricks and mortar shops (shops who actually stock the item), and list them on ebay with huge markups, and if they are lucky enough to find buyers, they simply go along to the shop and buy the item and post it on to the buyers.

Half the time though the guitar has already been sold by the shop, or bought by another drop-shipper, and they end up refunding the buyer on ebay and taking a hit on the negative feedback, creating new accounts when they get so bad.

Pages and pages of Japanese guitar sellers now, multiples of the same guitar all being resold, Buying from Japan has gone from a good thing, to something I totally avoid now.

Oh, and expect to pay your local Parcelforce depot £1200 when that Nash arrives in the UK =)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom