Charvel ebay flipping - harsh but fair

What's Hot
dariusdarius Frets: 689
On the lookout for a Charvel (maybe) and these came up.
I must have missed them first time around but I'm guessing that this guy..
bought these for 500 in Aug

and is now asking 825

All's fair in the flipping and profit game of supply and demand, but it irks and disappoints that someone got a bargain on two very nice guitars but not for playing. Not moaning ('well you are really....'). But now I know what I could have got one for, I'm not interested in buying.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2136
    You see this on the same guitars all the time on ebay. A quick check on the completed listings show they don't wait around for long before flipping them and in some cases even use the same pictures from the original auction. I wouldn't do it personally but I struggle to part with any guitar tbf. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think the red MIJ one was mine, sold on here earlier this year IIRC
  • darius said:
     But now I know what I could have got one for, I'm not interested in buying.

This dude has >1000 reviews, so he's probably a registered business, probably paying taxes too on the profits (he'd better be, lol). His reviews are 100% positive, and he's "packaging" the guitar with his reputation, that adds value. Lots of inexperienced folks out there for whom buying used guitars from private sellers without a track record is an unacceptable risk. Also lots of sellers who have no patience for tire kickers and the usual ebay riffraff, and they prefer to sell quickly. This seller bridges them. It's win-win-win. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dariusdarius Frets: 689
    darius said:
     But now I know what I could have got one for, I'm not interested in buying.

This dude has >1000 reviews, so he's probably a registered business, probably paying taxes too on the profits (he'd better be, lol). His reviews are 100% positive, and he's "packaging" the guitar with his reputation, that adds value. Lots of inexperienced folks out there for whom buying used guitars from private sellers without a track record is an unacceptable risk. Also lots of sellers who have no patience for tire kickers and the usual ebay riffraff, and they prefer to sell quickly. This seller bridges them. It's win-win-win. 

yep, and his other items look pretty good quality, good luck to him. I'm sure they'll sell.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7348
    Nice guitars, but his price is pretty high to be fair. Though someone will buy them no doubt.
  • I think the red MIJ one was mine, sold on here earlier this year IIRC
    I bought it , it’s a beauty , but I got the opportunity to buy a jackson I absolutely love 
    thats my eBay ad on the red one link