Anyone know a seller of threaded hex bushings for machineheads - 10mm diameter and 12.2mm long?

What's Hot
mikem8634mikem8634 Frets: 382
I've got black ones but I'm after (preferably) nickel or chrome.

I've been trawling the internet all day and I can't find any. The only ones I can find are too long.

These are the ones I've got -

With the dimensions here from Gotoh -

Thanks folks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74484
    I have a large number of spare ones - I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can find a set that match what you're looking for.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• mikem8634mikem8634 Frets: 382
    @ICBM that's really good of you, thanks.
    edited October 2020
    @ICBM ; Any luck?

Or anyone else have any ideas?

I wonder if an email to Gotoh might be useful. Anyone know if they have a UK or EU representative?

Last option would be getting the black finish off the ones I have. Anyone have any tips on doing that?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74484
    It's certainly an unusual size - I have... one.

The best I could do apart from that is a set of six which are about 11.5mm (the threaded section, which is what matters presumably), with the last millimetre being plain not threaded. I don't know if those would fit, of if you think you could file them down.

To be honest the opposite problem is far more common - not long enough for the threads to engage properly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:

The best I could do apart from that is a set of six which are about 11.5mm (the threaded section, which is what matters presumably), with the last millimetre being plain not threaded. I don't know if those would fit, of if you think you could file them down.

To be honest the opposite problem is far more common - not long enough for the threads to engage properly.

Thanks so much for checking. I've got some of those 11.5mm ones already. Cannot believe I didn't think of having a go at filing them down =). Have some wisdom for that.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 4211
    mikem8634 said:
    ICBM said:

Thanks so much for checking. I've got some of those 11.5mm ones already. Cannot believe I didn't think of having a go at filing them down =). Have some wisdom for that.
    May be teaching you to suck eggs here but... Before you start filing put a nut on the bushing, you can then use that to clean up the thread after you've filed it so it goes in more easily when you finall fit it.
    Trading feedback thread:https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/172761/drofluf

Sporky: "Drofluf is a reverse vampire, who always appears in mirrors."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    drofluf said:
    mikem8634 said:
    ICBM said:

May be teaching you to suck eggs here but... Before you start filing put a nut on the bushing, you can then use that to clean up the thread after you've filed it so it goes in more easily when you finall fit it.
    Not at all, I need all the help I can get. I don't even have a file yet =). That's a great idea, thanks.

I've also pinged off an email to Gotoh to see if that bears any fruit.
    @ICBM and @drofluf I'm just having a browse around Axminster for a suitable file and I'm clueless.

Would this one be useful? Coarse? Medium? Fine? Is it worth getting more than one?

Problem solved. Turns out a bit of scotchbrite was all that was needed. The black finish came off the original bushings really easily leaving a nice dull nickel type look.

I wish my brain considered the simplest approach first. Maybe one day.

Thanks for the help folks.