Anyone tried Lace sensor Alumitone pickups?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
I quite fancy trying them but they are a bit pricey. Just wondering if anyone has an opinion?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 32391
    I did research them a bit and was tempted, but never found anyone with first hand experience.
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    I got a multi scale guitar with some Alumitone X-bar 5 in.  Haven't had the guitar long enough to make my mind up about the pickups yet.
    No I've got to say I'm a massive fan of Lace Sensor Duality pick ups.  Surprisingly one of the best thredding pickups I've ever used.
    So far I'm struggling to get a tone I'm happy about with the Alumitone, but I haven't spent enough time trying yet as I've been a bit too busy.  At this point in time they're seeming a bit uninspiring for some reason, but I'm hoping with a bit of playing round with the Helix and I can get some good tones.  I'm going to fit a split switch next weekend to see what the split sound is like.
    I'm not even actually sure that X-bars are the same as the normal Alumitone pickups, so this could all be nonsense and hopefully someone who knows them a bit better will chime in.
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    I’ve recently installed a set of alumitone humbuckers in one of my guitars and they may just be my favourite humbuckers ever.
    In full coil they are somewhere between a PAF and filtertron but with a bit more output, and are extremely well defined without being harsh.

Split they are like a twangy single coil but with a good amount of bass, adjust tone and volume and they can get to vintage territory while
    keeping all their definition, and they’re dead silent.
    They’re also extremely light, and I like the look.
    I’m very impressed indeed, I think they’ll end up in more than one of my guitars.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom