Incoming (WAH content)

What's Hot
mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
edited June 2014 in FX

I should have in the next couple of days

1 EVH Wah from @photek

1 Kirk Hamster wah from @DavusPG

I predict much Wah-wah-wacka-wacka-wah-wah in the Mike_L house. And some out-of tune metallica solo's, just like Kirk......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Carefull now, that could be tricky. I suggest sitting down first, then one foot on each. Enjoy.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

They'll go well with the current Weeping Demon, and standard Crybaby.

I predict Mike falls over. A lot*.

*Not necessarily to do with Wah's

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7973
    So are you going to try using both at the same time, like wah skates?
    So are you going to try using both at the same time, like wah skates?

Hell yeah...

It'll work until I try to switch on another pedal.........

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1826
    I'm looking forward to my AMT Japanese girl wah to arrive. Not a massive wah user these days but the footprint is good to have on my board :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25001
    mike_l;18487" said:
    I should have in the next couple of days

1 EVH Wah from @photek

1 Kirk Hamster wah from @DavusPG 
    In the interests of Health & Safety I feel obliged to point out that you must never attempt to use both at once, unless you are sitting down.
  • Such a pedal fiend.

But seriously, I want all those wah's. Bargain Morley in the classifieds at the moment, which I'd have, had I not booked a holiday...
    In the interests of Health & Safety I feel obliged to point out that you must never attempt to use both at once, unless you are sitting down.

Bollocks to 'Elf'n'safety.

that's not where Rock'n'Roll came from

Such a pedal fiend.

But seriously, I want all those wah's. Bargain Morley in the classifieds at the moment, which I'd have, had I not booked a holiday...

Pedal fiend? Moi? *Mike puts on innocent face*.......

Had a Morley, didn't like it......

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    mike_l;18487" said:   I should have in the next couple of days   1 EVH Wah...   1 Kirk Hamster wah...
    richardhomer said:   In the interests of Health & Safety I feel obliged to point out that you must never attempt to use both at once, unless you are sitting down.
    and if you really must, you have to post a video of it, it's the law   >:/

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mike_l;18487" said:   I should have in the next couple of days   1 EVH Wah...   1 Kirk Hamster wah...
    richardhomer said:   In the interests of Health & Safety I feel obliged to point out that you must never attempt to use both at once, unless you are sitting down.
    and if you really must, you have to post a video of it, it's the law   >:/

Let me see if I can engineer a contraption (think Heath Robinson) to use multiple Wahs at the same time, without risk to (in order of importance) 1, the guitar, 2, the pedals, 3, me.

Could be interesting to have one half-cocked (like Schenker) and wah away with the other....

Or (as I already have 2) 3 aet at various half-cocked positions and a sweep with the 4th.

Hmm, might sound like shite though, and seriously upset the neighbours, I'm in.... 

The EVH is with me, C/O photek.

Plays well with plenty of gain. I haven't tried it with a clean amp. Yet.

So far I'm impressed.

The KH wah has arrived.

I'm thinking the neighbours will be sick of hearing wah-wah-wah-wha by tea-time.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7401
    edited June 2014
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74393
    57Deluxe said:
    That looks so simple I'm surprised a boutique pedal builder hasn't cloned it and is now selling them for £300 yet.

:)

Does it actually work by using a variable inductor? There doesn't seem to be anything else in the schematic. I've never seen that before! Presumably some sort of mechanical linkage to move a core in and out of a coil?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• vizviz Frets: 11024
    edited June 2014
    Vai using 2 treadles simultaneously (a yah yah and a whammy I think):
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.

Quick run-down.

The KH has a slightly bassier tone than the more middly (vocal) EVH.

Both are better with a distorted amp.

Both can do the funky wacka-wacka type thing, but there are better wah's for that.

Either is good for a rock/metal wah.

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7973
    edited June 2014
    Mike have you ever checked out the Dime wah? Super versatile and can be set for a mega wide high Q sweep for high gain mayhem if desired, but can also be set to be even softer and more subtle than a stock crybaby too. I thought mine was great I just never use wah so I sold it!

Not tried one, but I'm GASsed out for a couple of weeks so maybe next month..........

I already have a Weeping Demon which has a whole bunch of variables too.