Recommendation for MIDI keyboard and controller

I bought Mainstage off the back of this recommendation from @Danny1969 ;and really like it.

What I'd like to do now is get a better keyboard (so I can play it like a piano), and a controller (so I can fiddle with the synth patches and possibly control other synth apps).

What sort of thing shall I look out for?

Thanks,

R.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• it's hard to go wrong with any of the Arturia Keystep range to be honest. The Pro will do you for both of the above. 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6256
    As with anything really, depends on your budget, and I've never spent big on controllers (no more than £300). My favourite is the Komplete Kontrol A61. I've also got a Novation Impulse 61, but don't seem to get on with it. The Komplete is a cracking size, the keybed plays well and all the integrated controls are handy hard to fault really. 
    My other go to is the Novation Launchkey Mini MKIII - cracking 25 key controller, really good, but obviously limited by it's size.
  • Snap said:
    As with anything really, depends on your budget, and I've never spent big on controllers (no more than £300). My favourite is the Komplete Kontrol A61. I've also got a Novation Impulse 61, but don't seem to get on with it. The Komplete is a cracking size, the keybed plays well and all the integrated controls are handy hard to fault really. 
    My other go to is the Novation Launchkey Mini MKIII - cracking 25 key controller, really good, but obviously limited by it's size.
    Thanks. I shall bear those in mind.

Fancy getting rid of the Novation Impulse 61? :)

R.