Now the dust has settled .... how do we like cabronitas?!

What's Hot
I’ve always liked the idea of telecaster cabronitas, and I since I’ve got a tokai breezy on long term loan I think a cabronita could be just different enough to give me something I don’t already have without straying too far from the classicish shapes and designs we all know and love. 

I wonder if now the dust has settled on them we have any long term owners ?!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I hope we do, I'm about to build one.

When I say build, I of course mean bolt together.
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 877
    edited November 2020
    Owned a couple of Fenders and a Squier. Currently have a partscaster with a single TV Jones in the bridge.
    I’m a fan of the sounds, but my only problem with the Fender/Squier models is the lack of tone control.
    The partscaster has a vol/tone and sorts my problem.

Bought from here. The wear was on when I got it, but I can live with that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikem8634mikem8634 Frets: 382
    edited November 2020
    My thinking exactly @CountryDave ;;

I also fancy trying some Supertrons after seeing a TV Jones demo vid although I'll probably go for The Creamery versions unless a great bargain pops up.

It will also be a Jazzmaster shape. I'm waiting for a couple of quotes to come in for the body and I want to see what black Friday brings before going for it. I've got one pretty good quote so far for either alder or korina.
  • Mine has the Powertron.
    When I bought it the intention was top give it a go but probably swap for a Classic or Classic Plus. However I played it for a while and it fills a sonic space that no other guitar I own does,  so the Powertron has remained. 
    It probably gets more play time than any other guitar as it sits on a stand in the front room rather than in a case. 
  • I had a Squier briefly. I like the simplicity, but don't care for the Filtertrons, so I recently built one with humbuckers. It turned out so nice that I've got another underway, this time with P90s.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16678
    I have had two........I should really have kept one and would certainly have another
    I see them as a half way house between a Single and a Humbucker guitar.......easy to manage and no nonsense body
    They sound fatter than a normal tele but keep the same vibe and clarity
    I much prefer the compromise to P90s which always sound too aggressive in the bridge and too woolly in the neck position.
    I think they look good too
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 10236
    edited November 2020
    I’ve had 2 cs cabronitas, a us and a Mexican. None stayed. I’ve got a tono caballo ligero and that was on the chopping block until @TheMarlin ;told me about the importance of picking heights with Gretsch pickups. The pickup got raised and it totally transformed the guitar into a keeper.
  • JasonJason Frets: 1120
    tFB Trader
    Mine is my pic, love it, it sounds different enough from a regular tele to be worthwhile

I have a Fillertron wired straight to the output, it sounds massive (but you can't turn it down :) )
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • I've had mine almost 8 years and still love it. Mine's a thinline body with rosewood board, and covers a lot of ground from Tele-adjacent to Gretsch. PERFECT for ACDC rhythm..

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6232
    Everyone should have at least one. There are two acceptable formats, a thinline with two pickups and a bigsby. Or a slab with a single bridge pickup, hot wired.