Peterson on IOS

What's Hot
Anyone forked out £9.99 for the Peterson Strobe Tuner app? Is it worth it? I only ask as I’ve got a guitar with a Buzz Feiten system so have thought about getting it to tune it properly.
ta
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Either save a tenner and intonate from 3rd to 15th fret, or spend a bit more and get it removed. Personally option 1 works perfectly for me..  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    I bought it, then got a refund because a clip on does it better.  I didn't want to fork out more for thr adapter either which you can also get. 
  • I bought it when it came out and it was about a fiver. As Raymond said, it’s not even as good as a clip on. I’m assuming the phones mic is the weak point as the software is sound 
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    I use it and find it quite good, but I do use it via a lightning connected interface, and not the phones mic.
  • Not used the Peterson but have a Peterson tuner pedal. I find phone app tuners suffer from the phones mic generally picking up everything else apart from the string your playing, with a strobe display going to be even worse! The only way to use the phone app reliably would be to use the adaptor and then you may as well use a clip on tuner.
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    Not used the Peterson but have a Peterson tuner pedal. I find phone app tuners suffer from the phones mic generally picking up everything else apart from the string your playing, with a strobe display going to be even worse! The only way to use the phone app reliably would be to use the adaptor and then you may as well use a clip on tuner.
    Yep I wouldn’t disagree with that. If you already have an interface like an irig or apogee jam then yes I think it is worthwhile, but if you don’t have an interface you can use then you might as well buy the pedal or clip on. 
  • Thank you folks. Decision made!