Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

GUITAR MAN Official Trailer (Joe B Doc)

What's Hot

Comments

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Cheers man.

Hope I don't forget about it by the time it comes out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummy said:
    Cheers man.

Hope I don't forget about it by the time it comes out.

Thankfully, I’ve already erased it from my memory.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • This guy is everywhere.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2527
    edited November 2020
    Just a great marketing plan to relieve you of cash whilst Joe can't gig lol. Its $9.99....and trust me you will be none the wiser as to anything by the time you've watched it....
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Who is he?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    usedtobe said:
    Who is he?
    Yo daddy
  • Good news, Joe is very guarded and it's almost impossible to find out anything about him normally.  
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EmielEmiel Frets: 222
    Hasn't this been years in the making? I've heard of this 'self-made' man/success quite some time ago already.

... I'd only want to know how he manages to acquire so much gear! The man has what, like hundreds of guitars and amps? That must be worth a fortune. And that without a hit record? How? Concert sales? Merch? Mortgages? Rich parents? Tax evasion? Robbing banks? Just kidding...
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25109
    edited November 2020

I remember seeing a documentary about him when he was a chubby little kid, probably 12 or 13 years old... he had a '54 hardtail Strat and there was a bit with him and his dad meeting Danny Gatton. 

Thinking about that, his career has always been based on more than just records and gigs.  He was a bit of a multi-media personality before it was really a thing.

edited November 2020
    Emiel said:
    Hasn't this been years in the making? I've heard of this 'self-made' man/success quite some time ago already.

... I'd only want to know how he manages to acquire so much gear! The man has what, like hundreds of guitars and amps? That must be worth a fortune. And that without a hit record? How? Concert sales? Merch? Mortgages? Rich parents? Tax evasion? Robbing banks? Just kidding...
    Well an average of 150 gigs a year to an average of 5000 people a night paying an average $80 a ticket grossing $400k a night makes a gross of $60,000,000 less costs should leave a few quid + merch + dvd + album sales, split between him and Roy Weisman....over the last ten years or more equals plenty of old guitars and amps!
    Further reading here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimryan1/2020/01/16/joe-bonamassa-on-taking-control-of-his-business-building-a-brand-and-investing-in-himself/

• Emiel said:

His dad ran ( runs?) a geetar shop so he’s been a bit wiser than the average mid range rock star in terms of purchasing gear; often seems to be a bit of a rock star discount applied for him as well and then the ‘as owned by Joe Bonamassa’ premium added when selling. 
    He’s had top twenty album sales in the U.K. and I suspect had more physical sales than many better known artists. Estimated personal worth of $20million. I’m guessing that’s more than for a Little Mix member. 
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 954
    Strat54 said:
    Emiel said:

Well an average of 150 gigs a year to an average of 5000 people a night paying an average $80 a ticket grossing $400k a night makes a gross of $60,000,000 less costs should leave a few quid + merch + dvd + album sales, split between him and Roy Weisman....over the last ten years or more equals plenty of old guitars and amps!
    Further reading here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimryan1/2020/01/16/joe-bonamassa-on-taking-control-of-his-business-building-a-brand-and-investing-in-himself/

HIs business model is actually really interesting - he and kevin shirley worked out quite quickly how to make money. Get out there and play, maximise ticket prices, sell as much merch / endorsements as you can, and run your own record production business to keep all publishing etc

Like him or love him he`s made a huge success of it, and he does work very, very hard..............

Personally I liked some of the earlier records, and seeing him play as a 3 piece in smaller venues was very inspiring. Since then he`s almost become a victim of his own model, and there was a period where he seemed to make the same records several times just to be able to go back on the road. I kind of lost interest then.

I do also find him quite interesting to listen to on guitars amps etc! Others may disagree!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1223
    I just wish he’d stop wearing the suits and the awful shades.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManic said:
    He pretty much has to wear shades to manage a visual problem that would make glare from stage lights insufferable as I understand it. In defence of the suits from watching that clip above there were far worse sartorial choices he made prior to them.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8361
    If only this guy had some marketing behind him...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11681
    Do you think he might get a feature in one of the guitar magazines? It's a bit of a long shot, I know.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalf said:
    Do you think he might get a feature in one of the guitar magazines? It's a bit of a long shot, I know.
    I don’t think they are interested in him, criminally over looked. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7249
    He pretty much has to wear shades to manage a visual problem 

Looking like a prick?
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Kermit voiced bluesman who thinks he's Neo from The Matrix when he's on stage.

Done.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    LPManic said:
    He said recently that he's not sure after such a long time off the stage that he can go back to being that guy again.