Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Plugin Deals and Discussion Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Bill_SBill_S Frets: 103
    John_A said:
    Yes currently trailing loads of amp sims now I actually have a computer that will run them.  S-Gear is currently wowing me
    I’ve used S Gear for many years and it is still my go to. I have a few of the Nembrinis, the Waves PRS range, the AmpliTube Fender collection, BIAS FX Elite and others.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    What's everyone think of GGD? Thinking about picking up their new Aggressive Rock kit. $39 for an awesome sounding kit ready mixed by Nolly seems pretty good value. All the demos they have up sound awesome to me. What's the catch? I'm just a bit fed up of EZD2 and fancy a change!
  • TTBZ said:
    What's everyone think of GGD? Thinking about picking up their new Aggressive Rock kit. $39 for an awesome sounding kit ready mixed by Nolly seems pretty good value. All the demos they have up sound awesome to me. What's the catch? I'm just a bit fed up of EZD2 and fancy a change!
    No catch as far as I’m concerned. I have all their kits to date (including this one) and find them good.

They use their own default mapping though, which can be confusing at first, but they do include a General MIDI map from a drop down menu which can be used.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Bill_S said:
    John_A said:
    Yes currently trailing loads of amp sims now I actually have a computer that will run them.  S-Gear is currently wowing me
    I’ve used S Gear for many years and it is still my go to. I have a few of the Nembrinis, the Waves PRS range, the AmpliTube Fender collection, BIAS FX Elite and others.
    Yes, I’m loving it, not a huge variety, but lots of good sounds.  Do you know if they usually do Black Friday offers?
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    Anyone got the Soundtoys Effect rack or bundle ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    spark240 said:
    Anyone got the Soundtoys Effect rack or bundle ?
    Yep, got Soundtoys 5 2 years ago in the 2018 black friday sale IIRC. Anything in particular you want to know?
  • TTBZ said:
    I picked up invasion recently and its pretty good but i did find it a bit less detailed from an articulations point of view than BFD3 which is what I usually use. I guess I see it as maybe less flexible, but really good at the sound it's aiming at if you know what i mean. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    John_A said:
    Bill_S said:
    John_A said:
    Yes, I’m loving it, not a huge variety, but lots of good sounds.  Do you know if they usually do Black Friday offers?
    Not sure I’m afraid. It does go on sale from time to time. 
    All NeuralDSP stuff is 50% off until 30th November
    I’ve just picked up the Plini. Very versatile and more importantly for me, it gives great tones I don’t get from S Gear, my various Nembrinis, Waves PRS and others. It’s a brilliant plugin, and I think I’ll use it extensively. 
  • IZotope have a bundle of the three Elements with a synth and something else for £50.
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 141
    IZotope have a bundle of the three Elements with a synth and something else for £50.
    I got an upgrade from my Ozone 7 standard to Ozone 9 advanced for £112 yesterday, 60% off until the 8th of December.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23930
    John_A said:
    I've bought the Butch Vig vocal plug in and the CLA vocal one as well as the Waves deals stack.

Thought I might as well!
    Got the CLA vocal, feels like cheating, you just press a few buttons and get a great vocal sound, love it
    I've just recorded some vocal using the Vig and the CLA (and my own Native patch) as a 3 way stack and it sounds excellent!

Thanks for the recommendation on the CLA!
    Big Black Rooster Sale, and they've got some great compressors.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Cirrus said:
    Big Black Rooster Sale, and they've got some great compressors.
    Yea really good sale. Cheapest I've ever seen them. I have their LA-2A and like it. 
  • I shot out the UAD LA2A compressors against the Black Rooster recently, and I sent @Cirrus and @guitarfishbay two mixes, one that used UAD stuff and one that used Black Rooster stuff. I preferred the Black Rooster mixes myself, Cirrus said he preferred the UAD ones, and GFB told me to go fuck myself and that he wasn't listening to my K-Pop.

Bye!

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    https://www.2getheraudio.com/effects/rich-drums/?fbclid=IwAR0fCv8AGDKw3DKWPJvfvD2P7oco4pZ3H45y8Xvuv59yzBRdZfUMV2hPZRY

When you click “buy” slide the little slider to the left and its £7.85!!!!!!
    John_A said:
    I've bought the Butch Vig vocal plug in and the CLA vocal one as well as the Waves deals stack.

Thought I might as well!
    Got the CLA vocal, feels like cheating, you just press a few buttons and get a great vocal sound, love it
    I've just recorded some vocal using the Vig and the CLA (and my own Native patch) as a 3 way stack and it sounds excellent!

Thanks for the recommendation on the CLA!
    You’re welcome :). I’ve messed around with building my own vocal chain, and never get it as good as the CLA, might get a few more in the range and see if they’re as good
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    I shot out the UAD LA2A compressors against the Black Rooster recently, and I sent @Cirrus and @guitarfishbay two mixes, one that used UAD stuff and one that used Black Rooster stuff. I preferred the Black Rooster mixes myself, Cirrus said he preferred the UAD ones, and GFB told me to go fuck myself and that he wasn't listening to my K-Pop.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bill_S said:
    John_A said:
    Bill_S said:
    John_A said:
    Not sure I’m afraid. It does go on sale from time to time. 
    Well it's on sale for $99 so I've bagged it.  Between that and Native I think I'm covered.  As tempting as the Neural stuff is, I think I now have enough amp sims :)
    I shot out the UAD LA2A compressors against the Black Rooster recently, and I sent @Cirrus and @guitarfishbay two mixes, one that used UAD stuff and one that used Black Rooster stuff. I preferred the Black Rooster mixes myself, Cirrus said he preferred the UAD ones, and GFB told me to go fuck myself and that he wasn't listening to my K-Pop.
    It's worth pointing out that I'm always drunk