Cigar Box Blues - The Makers Of A Revolution.

Back on the TV again, this time nationally on BBC4. Friday 18th December at 7.30pm and repeated at 2.40am for you night owls. (also available on iPlayer for a limited time). "Cigar Box Blues - The Makers Of A Revolution" is a half hour programme about the UK cigar box guitar scene, by BAFTA nominated director Virginia Heath. I'm really pleased to have been involved in it. It reflects the grass roots nature of this movement, featuring interviews with several guitar makers and players, live performances from "Boxstock" the UK cigar box guitar festival, one of my  guitar making workshops and lots more! What's great is that although the whole cigar box guitar revival  started as an American movement, it shows a truly British take on this thread of musical subculture.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• moremore Frets: 230
    edited November 2020
    Thanks for posting . The three string guitar is a great insrument. There is a lot of things to watch on you tube . Have a look for slide playing in low g . Once you hear it , your whant to play it. 
  • Yeah Thanks for that advanced heads up.
    Should be a interesting watch.
  • Here's a link to the trailer. https://vimeo.com/398044080
  • moremore Frets: 230
    Watched and enjoyed the program last night. Bit disappointed that there was not more music . Hopefully it will introduce and entice more interest in what is a great little instrument 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14409
    edited December 2020
    The link in the opening post should work until mid-January.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.