Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ritchie Blackmore's Syrup

What's Hot

Comments

• Some suspect Johnny Marr. But he has a fine dense, dark Irish mop, so I’m not so sure. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11668
    Gene Simmons has said that it's not a syrup, but it's very heavily lacquered. Surely that would be dangerous given the amount of pyro that Kiss used.

Nobody's mentioned Ian Paice, who at least now sports a grey rug. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24994

Michael Angelo Batio.

Michael Angelo Batio - Wikiwand

The late Kevin Dubrow.

Cum On Feel The Noize  Quiet Riot  Nights with Alice Cooper

John Lawton (ex Uriah Heep)

Interview with John Lawton  Lucifers FriendJohn Lawton-Sympathy - YouTube

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Philly_Q said:

Interview with John Lawton  Lucifers Friend

That's the worst wig I've ever seen.
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6936
    Ah right. Had to google to see what exactly syrup of figs was! How about Dianna (Rigg)? 
    Nah. That’s def her own hair
    Too soon. 
  • MolemanMoleman Frets: 133
    Devil#20 said:
    Hootsmon said:
    Jeff Beck they say....
    He's always looked the same though. He defo dyes it at his age though. Not sure it's a syrup. 
    Saw Jeff Beck up close at Waterloo Train Station once. Definitely not a syrup but possible home dye kit.

Some suspect Johnny Marr. But he has a fine dense, dark Irish mop, so I’m not so sure. 
    Saw Johnny Marr stroll up to use a cash point in Hempstead a few years back. He wasn’t wearing a syrup then.

Hootsmon said:
    Jeff Beck they say....
    Time share with Ronnie Wood and occasionally lent out for Christopher Guest when he plays Nigel Tufnel. 
    Managed to find myself standing directly behind Ronnie Wood (who was seated) at a small club gig. Not a syrup.
  • Found myself sat behind Ritchie Blackmore at a jousting tournament.

Couldn’t see a damn thing. Nice wig though.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • melodmelod Frets: 136
    Well either he is wearing one (Ritchie) or he has managed to grow more hair now than the late 70s...
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2136
    melod said:
    Well either he is wearing one (Ritchie) or he has managed to grow more hair now than the late 70s...
    Yes but the whole point of wearing a wig is an attempt at deception. Ritchie's wig is straight out of a Dickensian novel and makes him look an absolute tool. He should at least realise that people who followed him in the seventies knew his hair was going then. I'm sure with his money he could afford something more convincing for his advancing years. Terry Wogan knew how to do it. He had 3 wigs. 1) just had a haircut 2) an inbetween medium length one and 3) need a haircut. By clever rotation nobody knew he was bald as a ***t, rather than just being one. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Devil#20 said:
    Hmmm...

Who's that then Steve? Colour co-ordinated with his teeth. 
    Andy Scott. Loved them back in the day and I still hammer out the odd Sweet tune from time to time
    Is he the guitarist that said  "We just haven't got a clue what to do" on Blockbuster? Wouldn't have recognised him at all. 

Ian

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Found myself sat behind Ritchie Blackmore at a jousting tournament.

Couldn’t see a damn thing. Nice wig though.
    brilliant
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24994
    Devil#20 said:
    I know Satriani doesn't but I believe Steve Vai does. 
    I'm not sure about Vai, his hair looks to be thinning a bit (pretty good for his age though) and he's taken to wearing hats quite a lot.

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    I was more puzzled why mr Blackmore recorded a cover of "the thrill is gone" with William Shatner? 

Even more perplexing is why it popped up on my Spotify Playlist??
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Some suspect Johnny Marr. But he has a fine dense, dark Irish mop, so I’m not so sure. 
    But he's a Mancunian like my good self. I know his mate who used to drink in the same local as me because we lived a hundred yards either side. That was the Quadrant in Firswood Stretford. His mate was called Morris of something like that. Bit pretentious and bragged early doors that he was going to form a band. Good luck with that one I said. 

Ian

thegummy said:
    Philly_Q said:

Interview with John Lawton  Lucifers Friend

That's the worst wig I've ever seen.
    That's Gene Simmons with a facelift surely. 

Ian

• MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3126
    edited December 2020
    Devil#20 said:
    But he's a Mancunian like my good self. I know his mate who used to drink in the same local as me because we lived a hundred yards either side. That was the Quadrant in Firswood Stretford. His mate was called Morris of something like that. Bit pretentious and bragged early doors that he was going to form a band. Good luck with that one I said. 
    Indeed he is a true Mancunian, but of 100% Irish blood, same as Mozza. I once read about how Marr went to the Irish town where his parents were from to reveal a plack or something. He remarked after meeting a load of cousins and locals how many of them looked like him. 
  • Some famous guitarists are never seen in public bar t'at ... The Edge

I was at a gig at the Barbican, of all places , and the Edgster was further along the same row, all dolled up. Still wore the wooly hat, though, even with a tuxedo.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74388
    I saw Rainbow a few years ago, and even from halfway to the back of the Glasgow Hydro it was obviously a wig. There’s no way any 72-year-old man has that thick a head of hair, dyed or not.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein