Help: Anyone Fancy Recording Guitar Track/s For Hallelujah?

What's Hot
CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2034
edited December 2021 in Plug My Stuff
Looking for a bit of help, I currently have a track for Hallelujah with a vocal on that was done with a cheesy backing track of the Alexandra Burke version. Looking to see if anyone would fancy recording a more credible Buckley like guitar track against it but in the same key to basically swap out the cheesy backing? Ideally I would like a shimmery electric version like Buckley's and a picky or strummy acoustic version if anybody wants to take either or both on? 

Appreciate anyone taking the time to do this, I will keep practising in the hope I can do it myself one day but not quite there yet beyond the acoustic strumming part.

Anyone who would like to help please PM me and I can share the track direct.

Thanks in advance
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8591
    @poopot Could we make this a competition, and give CMW335 a choice of tracks?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Don’t see why not... bloody good idea... the fretboard production challenge...

@cmw335 send me a dm with what you are after!...
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2034
    @Roland @poopot thanks guys, a nice thought indeed.

@poopot will be in touch soon
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    Stone me! Moments after Matt Colourbox takes a voluntary forum break, THIS SONG comes up.  :3
    Be seeing you.
    edited December 2020
    Stone me! Moments after Matt Colourbox takes a voluntary forum break, THIS SONG comes up.  3
    That was a great effort wasn’t it,  let’s not have that as a marker please lol.

Would be great if he was around to contribute tho  :)
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited December 2021
    Well well well. 12 months after Mr @CMW335 ;;; requested this, while I was on a break from the forum, we finally have something.

I am posting this with permission, and gladly no harm came from sharing his wife's wonderful singing.

Here's the MrsCMW335 x The ColourBox cover of Hallelujah. Take it away Maestro...

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very nice! 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4028
    beautiful
  • I literally just recorded a rough version of this tonight by coincidence 
  • Just a rough clip with a little solo at the end

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited December 2021
    Cheers fellas for the nice comments, I'm quite pleased with the backing track, compared with the X Factor back track from previously! Although the real star of it is of course Mrs CMW335 with her singing - it's nice to "work" with a proper singer rather than having to use my vocals...

Sounds good Baz, interesting rhythm texture with the drums as well.

It's such a good chord sequence, and a lovely tune. Like many people I got to know it through the Buckley version, as the forum's resident Jeff Buckley obssesive I'm obviously compelled to use his version as the reference though I'm aware his arrangement is based on John Cale's version, and this one I've done here is closer to the Rufus Wainwright one as I couldn't downtune my guitar to play it in the key of F!
    Huge thanks to @thecolourbox for doing this, now much more credible with his fantastic playing replacing the backing track. Buckley's is the best version for me too and it's one of those timeless classics in my opinion, you can forget about it for a few years and it suddenly pops up in a movie/tv scene and gets you all over again.

Excellent work @fastonebaz ;

I have moved the thread to Plug My Stuff as I guess that's where it belongs now the original request has been fulfilled.
  • It was my absolute pleasure mate. My pianoing is much better than my guitaring, which along with the beauty of direct usb recording means it's much easier to get a good sound recorded quickly than ever it is with guitar.

I'm sure this spoils the illusion somewhat but thought it was a funny contrast to the completed recording to show an image of the "studio" in which it was created...

Abbey Road eat your heart out:

Mini keyboard, diagonally positioned at around knee height, propped up on the right by a guitar multi effects unit under the green bag to protect it. Who says you need decent kit and space!