Produce like a Pro on YouTube

What's Hot
Recently discovered this series, some really great guitar-related info in many of the videos.

The ones with Michael Beinhorn are particularly good.

https://youtu.be/ng4f_fj9Lfc
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Some good stuff on it. I don't think I subscribed to it until I was using Reaper over Lockdown, but it's turning into a magazine recently with product promotion and articles on bands and songs (although well researched etc), so I'm likely to unsub like I did with Spectre Sound, That Pedal Show and Andertons among others once I've seen all relevant/interesting (to me) content.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10019
    Yes, I’ve watched quite a few - nice mix of musical theory and recording/production engineering.

The presenter strikes me as the quintessential mid-Atlantic producer guy, you know - slightly posh English background who made it big in LA in the 80s/90s. Who is he?
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 413

The presenter strikes me as the quintessential mid-Atlantic producer guy, you know - slightly posh English background who made it big in LA in the 80s/90s. Who is he?
    "Warren Huart - Wikipedia" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Huart
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10019
    Ha ha, not a bad guess then! He’s pretty good fair play, I will definitely be watching more of his videos.
  • Yeah I like his stuff. He did annoy me in one vid where he made out that all pop songs us 1,4,5,6 chords and anything else is considered unusual. I might be wrong but I thought it was a bit of a stretch. 

Rick beato’s channel is also pretty good. 
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 413
    There is a good one where he records the whole of the VH1 record with a bunch of kids playing which is worth a watch if your into Van Halen.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1065
    edited December 2020
    Found him ok when I started using Reaper & was getting into mixing. In the end I found better tutorials for stuff I wanted to learn on YouTube & haven’t bothered going back to him.

I assume he is still doing his mixing courses?
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2451
    There was an entertaining period during the first lockdown where he obviously couldn't get his hair dyed.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom