Avoid Richards Guitars - Incredibly Rude

What's Hot

Comments

• Am I the only one thinking an online chat that lets the other person see what you're writing before you commit to hitting send is really creepy? 
    Yes, I'd personally find that really concerning, and it's possible that it's illegal too - sending all keypresses to a server (where it will undoubtedly be at least logged) could represent a breach of the GDPR if the logs are persisted anywhere, particularly since that means they're collecting data which is not required for them to execute normal business operations (of course, not in this case, because @PengaMax had the foresight to use a fake email address, so no personal data was collected).

Purely from a systems and compliance perspective, I suspect they should at least be publicising this in their privacy policy. Which, by the way, lists six cookies that are set by the site - so I had a look out of curiosity, and it actually sets between 76 and 88 cookies. A lot are from third-party services (eg Facebook), but I counted 48 that were set by the page itself. Some of them are tracking cookies using third parties, which should really be listed in their privacy policy.
    Thanks for your insight @digitalscream. ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    As others have said "Leave it Rickie, he's not worth it !" ;) 
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jalapeno said:
    As others have said "Leave it Rickie, he's not worth it !" ;) 
    Haha! Agreed. I've nothing more to add, his reply kinda sums it all up.
  • Glad you used a fake email. I didn’t and got bombarded for ages with junk email from him. Unsubscribe plainly didn’t work as I tried many times, including post GDPR. In the end I wrote an email rule to automatically delete them. I probably still get sent them...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Glad you used a fake email. I didn’t and got bombarded for ages with junk email from him. Unsubscribe plainly didn’t work as I tried many times, including post GDPR. In the end I wrote an email rule to automatically delete them. I probably still get sent them...
    I do that all the time, no need for them to have that info just to answer a couple of quick questions. Whoever a@a.com is i apologise!
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30824
    The hours of innocent fun one could have with that talk box and the fact he can read what you're typing before you send......

*must not bite'.....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Updated 15 minutes ago
    Updated 15 minutes agoPublished 7 hours ago
    To put this review into context. It was posted yesterday after I called him a "prat" for being defamatory and rude when he didn receive a reply that he felt appropriate (he asked about what circuit board a fuzz pedal that I have designed is based on and I told him I couldnt answer the question)

It was a live chat on a Sunday afternoon where I make myself available for support - not abuse.

He has now revised his review at the following times today - I am receiving spam emails every time he edits the review...
  • This guy has really riled me now to be honest. What a cretin. 
  • I accept im disproportionately angry given whats actually happened but if i had a salmon ,and was within striking distance, id slap him so hard with it right now
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    He's highly strung, we know that. He's also running a business in the shittiest environment we've ever known so maybe give him a break this time?

His shop is right in the middle of Stratford so he's probably paying a decent premium to be there and the footfall would have been shocking this year.

I know that means he should focus on his online, but he seems to be on chat any time you visit the site so he's probably a bit shredded. 

Speaking from personal experience, he's only ever been incredibly helpful and enthusiastic. 

It's Christmas. Give peace a chance. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Fuengi said:
    He's highly strung, we know that. He's also running a business in the shittiest environment we've ever known so maybe give him a break this time?

His shop is right in the middle of Stratford so he's probably paying a decent premium to be there and the footfall would have been shocking this year.

I know that means he should focus on his online, but he seems to be on chat any time you visit the site so he's probably a bit shredded. 

Speaking from personal experience, he's only ever been incredibly helpful and enthusiastic. 

It's Christmas. Give peace a chance. 

Too late, I’ve already ordered the salmon
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have zero sympathy for his predicament (if he is in one) I would have probably bought a few pedals and guitar strap from him so he can only blame himself for loss of business by being a wally. I’m not responding to him anymore and won’t be posting anything else here so it’s all done and dusted for me. Just got a bit enraged by his hypocrisy. Time to move on and enjoy Xmas
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    The guitar retail business is in a boom not seen in decades thanks to Covid, rather than being stressed by lack of footfall he’s more likely stressed by being stretched thin by the unprecedented demand.

Poor lad, he clearly loves being the guitar seller guy but he doesn’t have quite the most appropriate personality for dealing with customers.  And as for the spying thing with the webchat, who the hell set that up??
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669
    To be fair... £39 for those guitar pedals does look a reasonable deal.

Be interested in how the compare with Tone City, though I doubt Lee Anderton is exactly shaking in his Porsche.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • To be fair... £39 for those guitar pedals does look a reasonable deal.

Be interested in how the compare with Tone City, though I doubt Lee Anderton is exactly shaking in his Porsche.
    I know right, the fact that he’s got an OEM to spec and design them exclusively for him kinda drew me in to be honest, I would have given the reverb, fuzz and flanger a go at those prices. I like the metal enclosures too
  • Maybe the ultimate vengeance in this whole sorry saga is to just buy one 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15475
    PengaMax said:
    Maybe the ultimate vengeance in this whole sorry saga is to just buy one 
    oh, don't do that, it'll just piss him off.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • To end things with this i've just bought the flanger. I'm guessing the company producing these for him is Mooer as the layout is exactly the same as the E-Lady. I'm therefore sure i'll be giving the pedal a glowing review. There will be no funny business purchasing just to leave a negative review or what not. 

1.) I genuinely could do with a flanger
    2.) Hopefully this will be a positive way to shine a light on his questionable behaviour so maybe he and others who may have 'suffered' like others have to his rants will benefit as well....maybe... 
    3.) A change of direction from the fury and rage i felt earlier :) instead i now feel quite good about this as a resolution to the nastiness that was starting to build... i don't like feeling that way and i'm sure he doesn't either. 
  • Here is my message to Richard.

Richard. I don't feel good about where this whole things has headed. I didn't like your attitude and your comments on trustpilot did you no favours in my eyes. Nonetheless, despite your accusations that im a sad, little troll, I have bought your flanger. I'm guessing the company you have partnered with is Mooer and having previously owned an E-Lady, i'm sure the pedal will sound great. This isn't a stunt where i intend to leave a negative review regardless, that's not the kind of person i am, despite your ill informed judgements. I hope you can reflect on this as an overall positive outcome and not take any of the negativity felt, for either of us, into what should be a jolly time of year. All the best.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    PengaMax said:
    To end things with this i've just bought the flanger. I'm guessing the company producing these for him is Mooer as the layout is exactly the same as the E-Lady. I'm therefore sure i'll be giving the pedal a glowing review. There will be no funny business purchasing just to leave a negative review or what not. 

1.) I genuinely could do with a flanger
    2.) Hopefully this will be a positive way to shine a light on his questionable behaviour so maybe he and others who may have 'suffered' like others have to his rants will benefit as well....maybe... 
    3.) A change of direction from the fury and rage i felt earlier :) instead i now feel quite good about this as a resolution to the nastiness that was starting to build... i don't like feeling that way and i'm sure he doesn't either. 
    Did not see that coming.  :o
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom