NGD Jazzmaster partscaster

What's Hot
Hick81Hick81 Frets: 122
My first Jazzmaster, it’s a bit of a mongrel but I’m really pleased with it. 

I’ve done Partscaster strats in the past that I’ve never bonded with and ended up breaking up but this time it will be different! 

I had planned to try and put this together myself but the neck/nut needed work so took it to a pro for a proper set up. 

Neck - Musikraft 9.5 rad Strat neck, clay dots. Bought off eBay about 18 months ago. Despite the issues (the nut was about a foot tall!) it feels phenomenal. 

Body - 2014 Fender American AVRI Olympic white. Bought from a guy on Reverb in California who said it was used as the ‘house guitar’ for a studio his friend owned. It looks well played, with quite a lot of checking and the paint has already started to go a cream colour. My original plan was to paint it black with a matching headstock but the original colour with all its defects is growing on me. The body was fully loaded with the pickups/electronics/trem unit. 

Pups - Lollar’s. Think these have come out of a Nash as they say ‘lollar Nash 2015’ on the inside. 

Electronics - Emerson pots/caps and switch craft jack. No Rhythm circuit so just a 3 way, volume and tone controls. 

Mastery bridge and fender trem unit. 

Gotoh tuners. 

Not got proper scales but weighs around 7 and half pounds I reckon. Feels a good weight in the hands. 

I don’t even mind the corn beef pickguard on this although I’m keeping an eye out for a Spitfire tort guard. 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3897
    Good work, looks a bit odd with Stratocaster on the headstock and no rhythm circuit but a very nice build nonetheless! I'm sure it plays and sounds great. Did you have the neck shimmed? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chotu495chotu495 Frets: 356
    That looks lovely! 

I’ve been thinking it’d be nice to get one for a while now  :)
  • Hick81Hick81 Frets: 122
    No need for a shim apparently as the AVRI neck pockets already have a bit of an angle. 

Yeah it’s not one for the purists - I quite like the idiosyncrasies though. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Looks cool. I really ought to have an offset in my life..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7420
    edited December 2020
    Hick81 said:
    No need for a shim apparently as the AVRI neck pockets already have a bit of an angle. 

Yeah it’s not one for the purists - I quite like the idiosyncrasies though. 
    AVRI don’t, but the AV65 bodies do. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Hick81Hick81 Frets: 122
    The guy advertised it as a 2014 AVRI but you’re right it would be a AV for that time period and neck angle. 
  • Nice to see you have the correct bridge on that jazzmaster
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks great - very nice spec by the looks 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FezFez Frets: 577
    Looks brilliant.
    Don't touch that dial.