GFI Specular Tempus

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ClassicClassic Frets: 40
    It’s one ‘effect’ at a time. It does have a delay + reverb though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1644
    The key to making this pedal sound as good as can be is to set your board up as you would, set your amp as you would and connect to a laptop as you go. It really has left me with a load of great reverbs that work and are tuned into my set up. Much to everyone else’s anger in the house, I did check the set up still works at near gig volumes too. It does.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12050
    Holy thread Re...surrection Batman?

A couple of things

Anyone got any input about this pedal?  I did a search and this is the 1st thread, most commented on and in total only 6 threads on this pedal in total some has no reply.

@RaymondLin i really like it.

I probably don’t use it as some might as I don’t use any of the delays (though they are perfectly good) because I use a Volante for that. 

The reverbs are fantastic, very useable they seem to sit well in a mix with the guitar. What I mean by that and it could just be me, Strymon reverbs seem to have a sound that jumps out regardless of the mix. 

To get the best from this pedal you do need to hook it up to a laptop as the editing is very powerful. I was really hesitant of doing this as I’m a technophobe but I’m reality it’s very easy and straight forward. 

It can be edited on the pedal but due to its size I find that a touch more difficult than using the software. 

All in all I haven’t needed to look any further for a reverb option since getting it. 
    edited July 2021
    shaunm said:

I probably don’t use it as some might as I don’t use any of the delays (though they are perfectly good) because I use a Volante for that. 

The reverbs are fantastic, very useable they seem to sit well in a mix with the guitar. What I mean by that and it could just be me, Strymon reverbs seem to have a sound that jumps out regardless of the mix. 

To get the best from this pedal you do need to hook it up to a laptop as the editing is very powerful. I was really hesitant of doing this as I’m a technophobe but I’m reality it’s very easy and straight forward. 

It can be edited on the pedal but due to its size I find that a touch more difficult than using the software. 

All in all I haven’t needed to look any further for a reverb option since getting it. 
    I have the Strymon BigSky but i want a dual reverb/delay for my Nano board.  This seems to do what my Strymon does in much smaller form factor and cheaper.

I notice they gone up in price, £279 when they came out and now £330 to £350 here.  It's the same $350 in the US!  There is a few used ones on eBay asking £300 which is 90% of new, a bit cheeky.

Does the editing software work on a Mac?  I don't have a windows PC.
    shaunm said:

I have the Strymon BigSky but i want a dual reverb/delay for my Nano board.  This seems to do what my Strymon does in much smaller form factor and cheaper.

I notice they gone up in price, £279 when they came out and now £330 to £350 here.  It's the same $350 in the US!  There is a few used ones on eBay asking £300 which is 90% of new, a bit cheeky.

Does the editing software work on a Mac?  I don't have a windows PC.
    Yes indeed it does as that’s what I use. It’s a very simple app download and then plug in. Very user friendly. 

I bought mine new and I use the multi switch with it too. I find that makes using it very easy live. 

I honestly do prefer this over the big sky. One thing to note is that not all delays and reverbs can be used together. 
    shaunm said:

Yes indeed it does as that’s what I use. It’s a very simple app download and then plug in. Very user friendly. 

I bought mine new and I use the multi switch with it too. I find that makes using it very easy live. 

I honestly do prefer this over the big sky. One thing to note is that not all delays and reverbs can be used together. 
    Ah cool, will keep an eye on July 4th Sale in the States.  At the moment even with tax and duty it works out the same as here. If there is a 20% off somewhere it will work out cheaper.

I have Tonal Recall/Thermae, Flux Capacitor to add as an extra delay but i prefer reverb over delay.