Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Wandavision

What's Hot
Just watched the first two episodes...for anyone looking forward to it, don't expect any major story developments. There are a few callbacks to the comics, but I have no idea how they're going to resolve them (because they don't make sense to me currently in the context of the MCU).

Interesting nugget of info, though - they didn't use a canned laugh track, it was apparently all a live studio audience.
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Just watched the first two episodes...for anyone looking forward to it, don't expect any major story developments. There are a few callbacks to the comics, but I have no idea how they're going to resolve them (because they don't make sense to me currently in the context of the MCU).

Interesting nugget of info, though - they didn't use a canned laugh track, it was apparently all a live studio audience.
    Is the premise that it's a comedy spin off just with Wanda and Vision in?  is it enjoyable to watch, doesn't fill me with anticipation!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11673
    Very much looking forward to the first Disney + MCU show.

Apparently this ties directly into Wanda's next appearance in the movie "Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness".

As a side note, occasionally I forget how cute Elizabeth Olsen is.

Plus who can forget...

I love that film.

We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • munckee said:

Is the premise that it's a comedy spin off just with Wanda and Vision in?  is it enjoyable to watch, doesn't fill me with anticipation!
    Kinda yes and no to the first part. The first two episodes certainly are, but there's a serious angle to it which kicks in right at the end of the second episode.

Yeah, it's enjoyable to watch - these two are good fun and they clearly had a bit of a laugh making them. It's obviously going somewhere, and I get the impression it's going to be better than Agents of SHIELD when it gets going, but they've got the same "Let's just dripfeed everything rrreeeaaaallllyyyy slowly" thing going on, which drives me nuts.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Plus who can forget...

I love that film.

For what it's worth, this always confused me. For all the talk of Captain Mary Sue Marvel being the most powerful hero in the MCU, Wanda's the only one who even got close to beating Thanos, and scared him to the point where he was willing to destroy his own army just to get out of there. By comparison, he took a few blows from Captain Marvel but ended up chucking her around like a rag doll.

Wanda is, without doubt, the most powerful hero in the MCU.
    <space for hire>
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1468
    edited January 2021
    munckee said:

Kinda yes and no to the first part. The first two episodes certainly are, but there's a serious angle to it which kicks in right at the end of the second episode.

Yeah, it's enjoyable to watch - these two are good fun and they clearly had a bit of a laugh making them. It's obviously going somewhere, and I get the impression it's going to be better than Agents of SHIELD when it gets going, but they've got the same "Let's just dripfeed everything rrreeeaaaallllyyyy slowly" thing going on, which drives me nuts.
    It my humblest of opinions, Agents of SHIELD is great so it has some big shoes to fill (with the exception of series 5 where they went a bit off piste)

I'll add it to the ever growing list of shows I need to watch

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11673
    For what it's worth, this always confused me. For all the talk of Captain Mary Sue Marvel being the most powerful hero in the MCU, Wanda's the only one who even got close to beating Thanos, and scared him to the point where he was willing to destroy his own army just to get out of there. By comparison, he took a few blows from Captain Marvel but ended up chucking her around like a rag doll.

Yes I think you are correct, Captain Marvel is more powerful "out of the box" but Wanda has the most potential and she was beating the shite out of Thanos.

The fact she is now clearly bending reality to her will shows it.

I assume that is what we will see in the Dr Strange movie, her getting too powerful, unleashing some kind of nasty and then leaving the doors open.

We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7745

Plus who can forget...

I love that film.

He pulled the power stone off of the gauntlet, and used that to fend her off. The power stone makes him the most powerful being in the universe. 

I watched it again the other night ;). Without the power stone, that wouldn’t have happened. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    TheMarlin said:

Plus who can forget...

I love that film.

He pulled the power stone off of the gauntlet, and used that to fend her off. The power stone makes him the most powerful being in the universe. 

I watched it again the other night ;). Without the power stone, that wouldn’t have happened. 
    A while since I watched it but I don't remember her doing so well in Scotland against Thanos' miniions.
  • @TheMarlin - I was referring to the bit where she reached for the gauntlet and he grabbed her arm and threw her miles away.

By comparison, he had absolutely no response against Wanda - he didn't even get close enough to touch her.
    <space for hire>
  • One thing that's definitely disappointing, though, is the episode length - half an hour. I wonder if they're doing that to be in keeping with 1950s TV shows?
    <space for hire>
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23958
    One thing that's definitely disappointing, though, is the episode length - half an hour. I wonder if they're doing that to be in keeping with 1950s TV shows?
    2nd ep is 37m

I suspect they are telling the story they want and ignoring time. Mandalorian had very different length episodes throughout.
  • Got to admit the first episode was absolute rubbish.  Does it get better
  • dariusdarius Frets: 619
    Just watched first two, expecting total confusion and got it.
    2 of 4 family members have already given up on it, the other 2 are hooked.
    @digitalscream 'Drip feed' aka 'Controlled Release of Information'. This is the way.
  • We really enjoyed it here. Loved the setting - and how the late 50s/early 60s setting of the first episode morphed into later 60s Bewitched parody - with title sequence homage - in the second episode. 

Some interesting hints about what might be going on. I thought the Strucker Watch might be important. And of course we've hard Stark Industries and the Iron Man helicopter. No idea about the beekeeper though.

• Some interesting hints about what might be going on. I thought the Strucker Watch might be important. And of course we've hard Stark Industries and the Iron Man helicopter. No idea about the beekeeper though.
    It really depends what they're doing. If they're roughly following the House of M storyline, then those things will probably all be stuff from her memories piling up through her subconscious as she goes mad.

If not...anyone's guess, really.

Thing is...House of M was where she rid the world of mutants. Since this world has no mutants in it...could they use this to do the very opposite?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Thought it was great
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4067
    edited January 2021
    ^ I wondered that too, the figure at the end looked a little *ahem* paternal.

*edit* Actually, scratch that, looks like the clues are pointing elsewhere.
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    One thing that's definitely disappointing, though, is the episode length - half an hour. I wonder if they're doing that to be in keeping with 1950s TV shows?
    2nd ep is 37m

I suspect they are telling the story they want and ignoring time. Mandalorian had very different length episodes throughout.

Pretty sure it's actually only 30 minutes of story - the rest is credits.
  • No comic spoilers though please guys, for folks who haven't read them. 

• No comic spoilers though please guys, for folks who haven't read them. 
    As in, don’t spoil the comics, or don’t discuss comic storylines that could potentially spoil the show?