Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Wandavision

What's Hot

Comments

• No comic spoilers though please guys, for folks who haven't read them. 
    To be fair, House of M is 15 years old. I was just guessing that most people who were going to read it would already have done so :)

And they're not really spoilers for the MCU, because the MCU has a very relaxed (but also awesome) attitude to comic continuity.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • No comic spoilers though please guys, for folks who haven't read them. 
    As in, don’t spoil the comics, or don’t discuss comic storylines that could potentially spoil the show?

Meant that second one, don't spoil the show using comic knowledge. Sorry should be clear. No intention of reading the comics. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 971
    Don’t think it’s my kind of thing but the trailer does look interesting. I might give the first episode ago a go.
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1789
    I sat through the first ep and being old enough to remember that style of US TV I got a lot of the jokes. But then the last few minutes came and I thought this is going to get pretty dark over the next few episodes.
    Looking forward to it developing.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845

Here's something to help the helecopter has the sword mark 

Sword is like shield but not earth based... 

Also Agnes.......... I'm not sure if anyone knows of Agatha Harkness  the witch who is close to Wanda.. Check the name out 

I could be wrong but these two bits to me screamed out loud. 

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11799
    I just watched it, the entire thing feels like an episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer where there is a demon who made her fall asleep and this is the dream sequence she is experiencing.  Except instead of like 25mins sequence, they are dragging it out for a few episodes or even a whole season?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Dragging it out's right.

Watched episode one and, well, frankly, waited for the punchline.

Pretty sure it's on the viewer.

It was merely a poor rendition of an episode of "Bewitched".

Won't be wasting my time on ep two.
    Seriously stuck with it. It is getting weirder. Don’t forget these are the guys who got us The Maddalorian.
  • Dragging it out's right.

Watched episode one and, well, frankly, waited for the punchline.

Pretty sure it's on the viewer.

It was merely a poor rendition of an episode of "Bewitched".

Won't be wasting my time on ep two.
    FYI, there are a lot of hidden details which give a clue to a much broader story. I suspect that it's going to be mandatory viewing to get the context for the next few MCU films.

The first couple of episodes are just setting the scene.
    <space for hire>
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1534
    Halfway through first episode, and its a bit wierd. I suspected (as Digitalscream notes) that there was a lot going on in the background, not obvious (to me anyway) on first viewing.
    Will keep going for now.
  • Anybody noticed the little clue in the watch advert?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Not seen it but I'm no fan of many Marvel characters film portrayals, and the Vision is top of my list of fails. The comic character was awesome, the film one is nowhere near as good. 
    Another excellent episode if you liked the first two. Wont win over any haters though. The dark side is coming through more and more and the late 60s opening credits are stunningly good.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    axisus said:
    Not seen it but I'm no fan of many Marvel characters film portrayals, and the Vision is top of my list of fails. The comic character was awesome, the film one is nowhere near as good. 
    Plus, Paul Bettany's wooden delivery makes it doubly hard to watch.

(And yes, I appreciate he's supposed to be this super-entity AI that's above emotion etc.)
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669
    I just have to say this before episode three...

I enjoyed Wanda's magicians assistant outfit.

Carry on.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I think you were looking for the Fripp and Toyah Sunday Lunch thread. It is over there>>
  • Anybody noticed the little clue in the watch advert?
    Yeah I spotted that. It was in the bubble bath advert in today's episode as well
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• I'm enjoying it - the series it reminds me of most in terms of what-the-fuckery is The Prisoner, although it looks like straying out into the real world from now on. Also, I think this particular Village is one made by the Prisoner herself. 

The weirdest thing about me is that it's a half-hour sitcom with the same length end credits as a full-on feature film (like a fifth of the entire running time), but I suppose that's a side-effect of the movie/TV hybrid Disney seem to be going for. 
  • ^ @Grangousier I’m not convinced it’s (all) made by her, there’s quite a few hints to other influences and control now
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    I'm leaving this until there's more/all to watch at leisure - and as it's kind of on the periphery of my interest in MCU (never opened a marvel comic, enjoyed the movies ) I read some pages that were flagging all the links/Easter eggs/hints in the imagery, credits, background etc as I'd never heard of most of the things they allude to, so whilst being potentially a bit spoilery if they play out, I feel more inclined to get into it, if that makes sense. 
    Red ones are better.