I had a go at a playthrough video - now there are two!

What's Hot
skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4156
edited January 2021 in Making Music
I’ve been thinking for a while about recording a few playthrough videos of some of my old songs... the bass player from my first metal band died just before Christmas, so I thought I could start with one of his tracks. I’ve been putting it off and then yesterday facebook threw up a memory of recording our first EP, so I took that as a nudge and here’s my first effort.

It’s my first attempt at videoing myself and editing it afterwards, so it’s nowhere near perfect, but I’m reasonably pleased with it.

https://youtu.be/En-STqsKnac
Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Sounded good to me! Decent quality video as well. I liked the false ending!

Trekkie I presume?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    Sounded good to me! Decent quality video as well. I liked the false ending!

Trekkie I presume?
    Thanks man :+1: 

Ha! I am a bit, but more just a fan of the Enterprise itself: in my mind it's the perfect design for a spaceship :)

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Well i enjoyed doing the first one and I got some nice comments about it from the various places I posted links, so I've done another one :)

This one is from Skullfunk, the last gigging band I was in (and inspiration for my user name). According to facebook memories, today is 11 years since our first ever outing in public, so I decided that was all the excuse I needed...