Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Wandavision

What's Hot

Comments

• GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2621
    edited January 2021
    Ah, well, my theory (FWIW, and I realise that's NVM*) is that this is taking place in a bubble universe that Wanda has created and is maintaining to have her ideal life with Vision. Both the good guys (SHIELD/SWORD) and the bad guys (Hydra/AIM) have sent agents in to try to investigate, and she's spun them into the fantasy like dolls - so all the characters are real people, but they're actually agents on one side or the other. Some of them are more conscious of what's going on (Dottie, for example, who may be the same Dottie from Agent Carter, or Agnes, who doesn't seem to be particularly aligned either way), some drift in and out of awareness (Geraldine/Monica Rambeau). So it's all Wanda's universe, but the two sides are wrestling to take control of her/it - mad sitcom pocket universe or not, this is some crazy superpower shit that everybody wants a part of. 

*Not very much. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    I've no idea what's going on but I'm really enjoying it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    The weirdest thing about me is that it's a half-hour sitcom with the same length end credits as a full-on feature film (like a fifth of the entire running time), but I suppose that's a side-effect of the movie/TV hybrid Disney seem to be going for. 
    It's a side effect of making shows on a tight budget with no time to film pick-ups and needing to pad the run time.

Mandalorian was the same, though you got all the lovely concept art over the end credits.

We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    No spoliers - with the end of Ep3, I'm eager for tomorrow's new episode !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ...aaaaand the MCU's back in focus.

For anyone who was getting twitchy, episode 4 may well be a hell of a lot more interesting.
    <space for hire>
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Ruddy marvellous (geddit) - love the new cast member ! ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1789
    Amazing. I hope that answers the naysayers. I may just watch it again...
  • Brio said:
    Yeah, I was pretty confident it'd head this way.

The only thing that's bugging me is the short runtime. I'd have thought that this would be the episode where they extend it a bit.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1789
    Ruddy marvellous (geddit) - love the new cast member ! 

Do you mean the "new" cast member with the glasses? 

Because we saw Darcy in the first two Thor films.

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7744
    Jalapeno said:
    Ruddy marvellous (geddit) - love the new cast member ! ;)
    NO SPOILERS!!!
    .....please

ta!
    Episode 4 was superb.
  • dariusdarius Frets: 619
    Never in doubt!!
  • Cool closing credits sound track
  • Kent747Kent747 Frets: 242
    Hoping I can now make my children watch the Dick Van Dyke show...
  • Now this is getting going.  There are no major surprises so far, although I am happy to see Kat Dennings liven up the show.  
  • Brio said:

The only thing that's bugging me is the short runtime. I'd have thought that this would be the episode where they extend it a bit.
    The short run time was the only thing that made be persevere. I got to admit I nearly bailed after episode 2. If they had been an hour long I would have given up. Glad I didn't though. I can appreciate what they were trying to achieve with the concept but I think it was pretty poorly executed. Some of the acting was particularly shit and not in an ironic way. 
    Looking forward to episode 5. 
  • bobblehat said:
    Brio said:

The short run time was the only thing that made be persevere. I got to admit I nearly bailed after episode 2. If they had been an hour long I would have given up. Glad I didn't though. I can appreciate what they were trying to achieve with the concept but I think it was pretty poorly executed. Some of the acting was particularly shit and not in an ironic way. 
    I actually think the acting was spot on for the context, but then...each to their own :)

Having seen the promos, it looks like we're getting two episodes on Friday. Which is ace.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I caught up over the weekend. It's excellent so far. I'm fine with some short episodes - I'd far rather a short well-paced and well-written piece than some episodes stuffed with filler and some being rushed because they all have to 38 minutes exactly.

I reckon it's all created by her after the realisation that the unsnap didn't bring Vision back. I'm guessing there could be an outside influence that tipped her over the edge as well, as she seemed reasonably-hinged at the end of Endgame.

I'm guessing this is the beginning of how they get mutants into the MCU - likely tying into the next Dr Strange (multiverse of madness) and Spider-man. 

(I'm vaguely aware of the overarching themes in the comics but haven't read any, so anything I say is my own conjecture, even if it overlaps with what might be in books I haven't read...)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    bobblehat said:
    Brio said:

I actually think the acting was spot on for the context, but then...each to their own :)

Having seen the promos, it looks like we're getting two episodes on Friday. Which is ace.

Maybe they are going to alternate points of view now, so we will go back to sitcom world, then an episode from the outside that explains it - a two episode block would set things up for the last three.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've no idea what's going on but I'm really enjoying it.
    I'm 3 episodes in and I agree with this.