Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

2021 Fretboard Running Club

What's Hot

Comments

• Managed my first 10k since the post Xmas restart today. Not massively swift; 53 mins, but felt good. 26k for the week - I think this is probably achievable weekly now. Saturday morning 10k’s might be the way to go - feels more relaxed and leisurely than midweek. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1467
    Managed 4 miles late last night. Feel ok today too. Hopefully that’s my body adjusting. 
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 944
    Managed my first 10k since the post Xmas restart today. Not massively swift; 53 mins
    Respect, to me that is practically flying.

ive only done 10k twice and was an hour and 6 minutes both times.

would love to get below the hour.
  • relic245 said:
    Managed my first 10k since the post Xmas restart today. Not massively swift; 53 mins
    Respect, to me that is practically flying.

ive only done 10k twice and was an hour and 6 minutes both times.

would love to get below the hour.
    Do you have a route all planned before you go? That can make a big difference. Mine is my two alternative 5k routes joined together at the midpoint, so mentally it’s quite useful in terms of pacing etc as it feels more achievable broken down. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    munckee said:
    munckee said:
    January summary 0 runs and 0 km due to covid.

February has started with a 500 yard jog to the post box and back.

Baby steps!
    2.5 miles this morning, back in the game!  marathon on Sunday (not really!)
    4.5 miles this morning, felt like I could have run further but better to take it slow and avoid injury I suspect. 
  • I had a rubbish week with work and, although I'm usually quite disciplined, I opted for beer at the end of the Day instead of a run.
    Yesterday I sorted my shit out and went out despite the rain and did my regular 5 mile route, managed to knock a couple of minutes off my previous time which was a surprise. 

This week I want to run every other day, only 3 miles each time, but I just need to get the habit and keep my legs in the zone.

My regular route is covered in puddles and mud, which I quite enjoy and I'm getting more relaxed about splashing straight through instead of looking for a dry path.
  • munckee said:
    munckee said:
    munckee said:
    January summary 0 runs and 0 km due to covid.

February has started with a 500 yard jog to the post box and back.

Baby steps!
    2.5 miles this morning, back in the game!  marathon on Sunday (not really!)
    4.5 miles this morning, felt like I could have run further but better to take it slow and avoid injury I suspect. 
    Well done munckee for getting back on it......and everyone else who is keeping going through the cold weather.
  • I popped in a 14k yesterday morning.  Easy pace, about 6:20 per k.   I don’t seem to suffer any ill effects after the longer runs - no aches and pains - I’m just rather sleepy for the rest of the day. ;)

I’m hoping to maintain a routine of shorter runs to make up 20k-ish each week, but do a longer run every other weekend and build back towards half-marathon......and maybe beyond.

i was finding last summer/autumn that it’s really nice to do a long run on a warm weekend late afternoon/evening.  Very pleasant, I don’t spend all day feeling sleepy, but it does set me up for a good nights sleep.
  • 7 miles today, 28 for the week.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    Hoping to get out for 4 miles or so once the little chap goes to bed. 
    14 miles and 3 runs already this week. Even ran last two days consecutively and had my longest run of the year at 6 miles yesterday morning and quickest 4 miler of the year tonight. 

Anyone know why my knee cap is sore? Like right on the top/front of it? I just went to squat to sit on the toilet and it was really rather sore! And struggled to stand up without it hurting too. Won’t run again now til sat or Sunday anyway but just wondered if it’s something familiar to anyone and is preventable? 
  • joneve said:
    14 miles and 3 runs already this week. Even ran last two days consecutively and had my longest run of the year at 6 miles yesterday morning and quickest 4 miler of the year tonight. 

Anyone know why my knee cap is sore? Like right on the top/front of it? I just went to squat to sit on the toilet and it was really rather sore! And struggled to stand up without it hurting too. Won’t run again now til sat or Sunday anyway but just wondered if it’s something familiar to anyone and is preventable? 
    Isn’t that known as “runners knee”? 
    joneve said:

Isn’t that known as “runners knee”? 
    Could be but I always thought this was pain behind the knee cap. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Back up to 10k this morning so will go back to 2 10k runs a week. 
  • I’ve done a 10km and a 5km this week so far. Hoping to get another 10km in Saturday or Sunday. Weather is messing my plans up!
  • Yeah, I started with an 11.34k on Tuesday and a 5k yesterday. Thinking of a 7.5 tomorrow and perhaps a 10 on Saturday if my legs have one in them still. 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    edited February 2021
    joneve said:

Take it steady with that knee - don’t try and run through it. If it hurts taking a shit it’ll probably hurt when you run! 

I say that as someone who lost nearly 6 months of last year injured and is currently reduced to walking only due to injury; 25 miles already this week, so it’s not all bad.

Everything you’ve said suggests you’ve probably overdone it - longest, fastest, consecutive days.

That said only you know you body. I can admit to ignoring the signs which only made things worse for me. If you feel good crack on and ignore my concerns.

Previously known as stevebrum
    Iamnobody said:
    joneve said:

Take it steady with that knee - don’t try and run through it. If it hurts taking a shit it’ll probably hurt when you run! 

I say that as someone who lost nearly 6 months of last year injured and is currently reduced to walking only due to injury; 25 miles already this week, so it’s not all bad.

Everything you’ve said suggests you’ve probably overdone it - longest, fastest, consecutive days.

That said only you know you body. I can admit to ignoring the signs which only made things worse for me. If you feel good crack on and ignore my concerns.

Nope. You’re 100% right. I should know better having lost the same amount of time (nearly) when over doing it for my Ironman training! And told myself I wouldn’t rush it this time. Stupid idiot. Felt fine on the run but definitely sore since I got home. Will leave it a few days at least before heading out again. 
  • Going well this week; another 52 minute 10k, and 26.5k for the week from 3 runs. Will do last of the week tomorrow morning. 
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    Some impressive stats on here guys, something for me to aim for (eventually!)

Still easing myself back into things. Six weeks in, and this week I did 9k in 51 mins - over 4 runs I should add! Average pace is therefore about 5:45 min/k which is a bit quicker than I was aiming for.

My right knee is aching a bit occasionally, but I've been stretching it every day and this helps, and it's not hurting when I run so I'm not too worried about it.