Drums !!

What's Hot
Odd there is no section for them specifically? Anyway, on Sky Arts tonight at 7:45 is the start of a 4 part series "Th Art of Drums".

I am recording it for my son in France, he is mainly guitars and keys but has depped on drums a few times.

Dave.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    Episode 1 of The Art Of Drumming was on last night too. 

Billy Cobham is one of several contributors who are over seventy but still play like a mofo. 
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 971
    edited January 2021
    Cheers guys, will record this. I missed it years ago when it came out.
    Edit; Watched this last night, it was brilliant. Looking forward to seeing the other 3 episodes in the series.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    TRIVIA FACTOID.
    During the Aswad section of episode 1, Drummie Zeb visits the People's Sounds record store on All Saints' Road, Notting Hill.

As a student, my brother lived in one of the flats above the shop. Before that, he had lived directly across the street, in the firing line from the shop's sound system. Good thing my brother and his flat mates liked Reggae.
    Be seeing you.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    Thanks missed this first time - now SA is on freeview I’ll be able to watch it. Cheers.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    Great watch, for anyone.
    edited February 2021
    Finished it. It was really brilliant & I wasn’t expecting the top 20 in the final episode. Wish there was a Spotify Playlist with the songs highlighted throughout the series.

One person that wasn’t mentioned during the 1st three episodes that featured at No.16 in the last episode I will need to look up.  I’ve never heard of Chris 'Daddy' Dave before but he must be a serious player from those clips they showed and knowing that he has played with Adele/Ed Sheeran/John Legend/Robert Glasper/Toni Braxton/Mary J Blige/Maxwell. 

edited February 2021
    Found a Spotify Playlist someone has compiled if you have a spare 4 hours.

https://open.spotify.com/user/pjampitts/playlist/7cdXJgrumy9GrpLcansTQD?si=L-CeptOKQOmpWj8MTAfUKw
  • RonnieHotdogsRonnieHotdogs Frets: 187
    edited February 2021

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2260

Yes that's a good programme. 

I started on the drums when I was 9 and I still play. I have a tiny little 4 piece Be Bop kit set up and it records really well too. that background really helps when programming drums. Also good for sense of timing on the guitar.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Drums count as “other instruments” ;)