Klopp’s Topp Flopps

What's Hot

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    underdog said:
    Hattigol said:
    underdog said:

Someone mentioned on here they don't buy Liverpool being a makeshift squad because 8 of the starting 11 were regular starters, ignoring that 3 of them were playing in different positions, and as a result most of the team were playing different to role to normal.

There is a lot going on at the same time at Liverpool including bad luck, form, injuries but as a Liverpool fan I'd definitely say for me, the most obvious thing is tiredness. Every game, even when winning, the closing down was slower, the balls forward were slower, less full throttle counter attacks. Even the shots look more laboured.

It was me.

Just to clarify, now Matip is back, they have two players injured. That's two. Both happen to be centre-backs.

Two injuries is nothing. Under Van Gaal at one point, United had 13 regular first-team players injured - now that was what you call a makeshift team. 

Injuries happen in football. Liverpool's squad was light anyway - letting Lovran go without replacing him was stupid and has com back to haunt them. If you have two injured centre-backs and need to play midfielders there as a result, you've got to question what sort of squad you have. 

Bad luck? Really?

Have you seen the injury list for this season they had? I'm not saying poor Liverpool it's not their fault, just stating that it effects the whole team. Tiago has played 2 games, Matip has played 1, so he's not even match fit, Matip only played as Henderson was injured yesterday. 

Not going to argue, if that's your view, enjoy it, but if you want to say a season ending injury to your star CB, and a long term injury to you new star midfield player, in the same game, isn't bad luck then not sure what it was.

did not know Jota was a CB - Unless they mean Gomez and Van Dijk - Which makes 3

@underdog - any truth in LFC showing interest in Haaland ? - What a move that would be - Hear the feud is still going between the Keane family and the Haaland family 

My prediction is Salah is off in the summer, so the money would be there but it would mean a complete system change, so I don't imagine so, unless the deal is too good to pass up.

Great player, where ever he goes they will better with him
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641

Haaland to Man United didn’t happen because of Raiolo’s demands and the handling of Pogba.  Anybody that signs a player of his may get trouble on their hands.    He’s already called Klopp ‘a piece of shit’ over Balotelli.  You deal with the guy expect him to have more say with the player than the manager does.
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2260
    Goodness gracious me...  Brighton?  At Home.  

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2014
    Home doesn’t count for much this season. Shocking result and performance though. As a Liverpool fan, I have no idea what to expect one game to the next. Having practically half a team injured all season isn’t helping - currently no Allison, VVD, Gomez, Matip, Fabinho, Jota or Mane. Considering that, it’s probably not a shock that we’re inconsistent and when we’re bad, we’re very bad.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280

Haaland to Man United didn’t happen because of Raiolo’s demands and the handling of Pogba.  Anybody that signs a player of his may get trouble on their hands.    He’s already called Klopp ‘a piece of shit’ over Balotelli.  You deal with the guy expect him to have more say with the player than the manager does.
    Raiolo is a parasitic f***wit. I hate scum like him. Football needs to rid itself of 'superstar' agents. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Liverpool at home without their crowd and The Kop has really done for them. They need their fans.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901
    axisus said:

Raiolo is a parasitic f***wit. I hate scum like him. Football needs to rid itself of 'superstar' agents. 
    I don't understand why clubs would make payments to players' agents - the agent represents the player, not the club, so the player should pay any fees to the agent.  Or am I missing something?

Allison is supposed to be fit again for this match... he looks like he is drugged.

Liverpool’s third straight league defeat at Anfield for the first time since 1963. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7076
    rze99 said:
    Liverpool at home without their crowd and The Kop has really done for them. They need their fans.
    Trust me mate, no one needs those fans.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Man C's title now. Man U 2nd, L'pool 3rd and Leics 4th is my guess.

I sure hope that City fail in the Champions league ....
    I'm still saying Liverpool finish 2nd to be honest, City will win it by a long way 
  • underdog said:
    I'm still saying Liverpool finish 2nd to be honest, City will win it by a long way 
    Life long Liverpool fan here.
    Have you been watching them play this season? Fucking terrible. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11807
    It looks like Liverpool players are scared, scared of losing, scared of conceding, scared of not winning the league.  Klopp is making excuses that he never used to before.  The mentality has gone backwards.  It is much more than missing players but the team has fear in their eyes, not fear of other teams but fear of failure and the more they lose grounds on Man City, the more scared they get.
    wesker123 said:
    underdog said:
    Life long Liverpool fan here.
    Have you been watching them play this season? Fucking terrible. 

I have been watching them yes, no fit CB, first choice midfielders playing as defenders etc etc 

Next few weeks will see 2 new CBs trying to stake a claim, which will mean midfield returning to some form of normality, which will mean more rhythm in the middle, better cover for LB and RB to go forward, will give more confidence to defence and keeper.

Oh and Jota will be back too.

It's just nowhere near as bad as it's being made out and only looks it compared to the frankly stupendous form of themselves last season, and them and city the season before. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14030
    tFB Trader
    I see it as

1) Man City
    2) Man U
    3) Liverpool
    4) Chelsea

Leicester just miss out 
    Another collapse by the ‘pool today. They threw it away. 
    They are having a poor season compared to the last two, but that's football. I think the story this year is how well the unfashionable Leicester are doing.  

• Liverpool are at risk of losing out on top 4, 3 defeats in a row and 4 teams beneath them in the table that could go above them if they win their games in hand.

The CB pairing is so vital, It’s been United’s achilles heel in the past (and present), at least Liverpools problems will mainly alleviate as players return.

Personally I think it might be too late however and Liverpool will drop out of the top 4 this season.

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    Thought that was quite funny. I checked my bet and it was 1-0 Liverpool. Went back 10 minutes later and it was 3-1.