Klopp’s Topp Flopps

What's Hot

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
    They were champions last season. Mainly due to van dyke i'd say. Let them have next year as a year not in Europe so they can rest and regroup. Come up smiling in 2023.

Bob Paisley ftw!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegas said:
    They were champions last season. Mainly due to van dyke i'd say. Let them have next year as a year not in Europe so they can rest and regroup. Come up smiling in 2023.
    I'd disagree, I'd say it was down to Klopp's man management.

Liverpool were exceptional last season, with the top 3 attacking players, Allison, and the full backs, the CB's, the central MF's, pretty much playing at the top of their games week in week out.  They were bound to hit a period where they weren't able to play with that kind of intensity and focus eventually.

All players have periods in the careers when they aren't firing on all cylinders, but the good ones always bounce back and their squad is exceptional and I'm sure they'll bounce back next season.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Last week, Klopp came on TV suggesting that, apart from the [four] goals conceded, LFC were equal to Man City. Which is kinda true, but also kinda misses the point of football.

Yesterday, he pretty much said the same thing about the Leicester match “we were great....apart from the goals...”
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2260
    Worse home form since 1923. It’s possibly not a crisis, but it is a substantial fall from grace. 

Now it's a proper crisis: five consecutive lost home matches.

For the first time in their history.

They looked tired and without flair against a sharper more hungry Chelsea.

Anfield seems to mean nothing without the supporters.

Hard to see where the ammunition is for a recovery at present it looks like they spent it all getting to the top. Now a top 6 place looks very hard for them.

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8175
    edited March 2021
    Carragher suggested that Liverpool were missing their fans being in the stadium more than other clubs. 

Good to see him remaining objective during such difficult times.

It's also interesting that those players will be able to look back and claim that they were part of the best ever Liverpool team......oh and also the worst ever.

Football eh, bloody hell...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They’ll probably still end up winning the champions league though, such is the craziness of this season.
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    They’ll probably still end up winning the champions league though, such is the craziness of this season.
    I was thinking this morning of drawing them a picture of what a goal looks like.
    They fucking need it! 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    The bottom line for me - I'm a Man U fan and we haven't won the prem for a bloody long time. If someone said Man U will win the title but be utterly sh*te the next year I'd take it!
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    I read an article from the start of the season that said all management etc knows full well that after going all out the last 2 years there's no way they'll win this year. Something about having them all on caffeine the last 2 years and they can't continue or they'll get health problems.
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 941
    edited March 2021
    axisus said:
    The bottom line for me - I'm a Man U fan and we haven't won the prem for a bloody long time. If someone said Man U will win the title but be utterly sh*te the next year I'd take it!
    While I don't think ole will be the man to guide you to the title, he is laying down the right foundations in terms of changing the culture of the club and instilling a winning mentality. You see it with players like Fernandes who are right bastards but they do what they need to win. Not  quite there yet but it’s an improvement on the van g/mourinhio era.
    And another
    They nearly scored a couple of times but they didn’t have real intensity and you need that in any game in the Prem now. Fulham deserved winners. Klopp must be very worried. 
  • DefaultM said:
    And another
    I saw that article, the intensity and sheer relentlessness of previous seasons has all but disappeared. Could it be due to a lack of doping, shorter pre-season, injuries, shattered confidence or all of the above? Hard to believe they were top at Christmas.

I'm just longing for the season to be over so they can re-group and hopefully make a fresh challenge next year.  
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3488
    DefaultM said:
    And another
    I saw that article, the intensity and sheer relentlessness of previous seasons has all but disappeared. Could it be due to a lack of doping, shorter pre-season, injuries, shattered confidence or all of the above? Hard to believe they were top at Christmas.

I'm just longing for the season to be over so they can re-group and hopefully make a fresh challenge next year.  
    The intense pressing game is very difficult to sustain over long periods of time, be it a whole season or several seasons.

To play like they have been for the last 2-3 years was nothing short of outstanding but it's not feasible.  Poch's Spurs team looked frazzled at the end of his tenure, I can't see Bielsa having a really long run with Leeds with the amount his teams run.
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    seems to be that super human efforts are required week in week out now in the Prem to stay in contention, reminds me more and more of basketball :)
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11788
    I think they should have more subs allowed, at least 5 or 6, to both keep the pace of the game high towards the end, and also to protect players from injury. Other sports do this. I don't buy the argument that big teams will get an advantage, they always do. Also there may be excellent players who can't do 90 minutes at full pace, because of age, injuries or physique. Wouldn't we prefer to see those guys play? more subs means squads get more action too, instead of just the 1st 11 every week
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    I think they should change their slogan to:  'You'll Never Win At Home'. 
    Might ease the pain a bit.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901
    I think they should have more subs allowed, at least 5 or 6, to both keep the pace of the game high towards the end, and also to protect players from injury. Other sports do this. I don't buy the argument that big teams will get an advantage, they always do. Also there may be excellent players who can't do 90 minutes at full pace, because of age, injuries or physique. Wouldn't we prefer to see those guys play? more subs means squads get more action too, instead of just the 1st 11 every week
    Agree on the "more subs" thing, @ToneControl , but the last time it was discussed it was punted out by the likes of Sheffield Utd (who won't even be in the Prem next season) and Aston Villa (who might now be regretting their stance since they've lost Grealish, who runs as much as 2 other players)...

edited March 2021
    I think they had a vote on keeping 5 subs this season and went against it. 

More subs did my head in to be honest. I don't watch football I only bet on it, and I'm sure the bookies had inside info on who was gonna start.
    They'd advertise a special price bet like John Smith 3 shots on target, so I'd calculate it and the bookie odds were better value than the real odds, put it in my calculator to get the right stake and off we go.
    Then the game starts. Where is John Smith? Oh he's on the bench. He comes on in the 89th minute just so he can wave to his Mum on TV. Paddy Power say he played and failed to get 3 shots on target so the bets lost haha.