The TV Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Tried The Crew on Netflix. American comedy with Kevin James. Very average indeed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspek said:
    On "normal" TV I find Would I Lie to You consistently funny, hilarious when Bob Mortimer is a guest.
    Yep. I think I'm at the point now where I can comfortably say that I'll watch Bob Mortimer in anything. He's always brilliant on WILTY, and that fishing show is wonderful.

ennspek said:
    Tried The Crew on Netflix. American comedy with Kevin James. Very average indeed.
    Netflix decided to show me the trailer last night. I could tell within a minute that it wasn't for me.

Me and Mrs_bob watched The Night Manager on iPlayer recently, having missed it when it was first on. Bloody good stuff. Hugh Laurie of all people makes for a surprisingly scary baddie.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Class Action Park on Sky Documentary. Its probably a bit too long but at times it's hilarious, shocking and moving.
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    Arrested Development 
    Schitts Creek....Netflix... both take a a couple of episodes to get into but are worth it.

East Bound and down ....Sky.... really crude, really funny with a great soundtrack- Going Down by Freddie king is the theme tune.
  • ennspek said:
    On "normal" TV I find Would I Lie to You consistently funny, hilarious when Bob Mortimer is a guest.
    Love a bit of Bob. 

If you like WILTY you could try Unforgivable on Dave which isn’t 100% brilliant but has great moments; it’s like a ruder WILTY. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    What do people recommend on Amazon Prime? I've just signed up for month's free trial (mainly because I needed a few things quickly) so figured I'd try and get some use out of the month's Prime Video subscription while it lasts.
    Sneaky Pete
    Startup
    Bosch
    The Boys
    American Gods
    The Americans 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:
    What do people recommend on Amazon Prime? I've just signed up for month's free trial (mainly because I needed a few things quickly) so figured I'd try and get some use out of the month's Prime Video subscription while it lasts.
    Sneaky Pete
    Startup
    Bosch
    The Boys
    American Gods
    The Americans 
    +1 for  American Gods and The Boys

Man in the High Castle is also a must watch on Prime.
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1789
    I’ve been a fan of The Blacklist since S01 but some of the later seasons have been a bit on the patchy side, so have just worked my way through Season 1 again. Darn that was so good. The episode tended to be complete in themselves rather than just serving the overall story arc, although to be honest it’s more  Moebius strip than an arc.
    I’ll try a couple of season 2 tonight.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Brio said:
    I’ve been a fan of The Blacklist since S01 but some of the later seasons have been a bit on the patchy side, so have just worked my way through Season 1 again. Darn that was so good. The episode tended to be complete in themselves rather than just serving the overall story arc, although to be honest it’s more  Moebius strip than an arc.
    I’ll try a couple of season 2 tonight.
    We used to watch it but like you say the later series got slow and a bit bogged down. We stopped watching after the big reveal about Tom and who was Elizabeth’s father. I don’t know if it ever improved after that? 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    Started watching The Shield, surprised I haven’t given it a go yet as I’m a sucker for the big US bingeworthy shows like Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Sons Of Anarchy etc.

Spoiler...

I enjoy it but some of it really hasn’t aged very well. Mackey’s son has autism and he’s treating it like he’s got a horrific disease, and the homosexual cop who wants to be ‘cured’. Not sure if these are part of the world they live in or just ill advised from the writers.
    Which of the many (many) reveals about who was Keen’s dad? Lots of good stuff but after season 3 I reckon episode wise they only batted 50%.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Dopesick said:
    Started watching The Shield, surprised I haven’t given it a go yet as I’m a sucker for the big US bingeworthy shows like Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Sons Of Anarchy etc.

Spoiler...

I enjoy it but some of it really hasn’t aged very well. Mackey’s son has autism and he’s treating it like he’s got a horrific disease, and the homosexual cop who wants to be ‘cured’. Not sure if these are part of the world they live in or just ill advised from the writers.

Just looking it up, I was surprised to see the first series of The Shield was nearly 20 years ago!  I think the plotlines probably did reflect attitudes at the time, although the "gay cure" thing would have been seen as ridiculous even then (and I don't think there was any suggestion that it actually worked?).

I watched the early episodes on whatever terrestrial channel it was on, but I can't remember how many seasons that would have been, and I think I got bored after a while.

It was the first thing I remember seeing Walton Goggins in - he's developed into a very good character actor.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Brio said:
    Which of the many (many) reveals about who was Keen’s dad? Lots of good stuff but after season 3 I reckon episode wise they only batted 50%.
    Don’t want to put up spoilers, but I think we saw up to series 5? The guy who wanted her to do a blood transfusion or donate dna or something because he was terminally ill. I can’t really remember to be honest. 
    Season 5 did have a really major change to the plot arc in it but I can't mention it as it is a big spoiler.
    Dead Pixels. Comedy about gamers on Channel 4 I think. I find it very funny, has the daughter from Detectorists and the lady from Ghosts.
    Bulletproof. I'd you liked Starsky & Hutch or The Professionals this should be right up your street. On Sky.
    Breeders is very funny with the odd huge shock.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10229

Currently watching ZeroZeroZero on Sky Atlantic. It's really rather good. 

Waiting in anticipation for the new season of Succession to come on too. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    I've downloaded Zerozerozero but haven't tried it yet. Glad to hear it's good.

Succession is great, pretty much everything Lucy Prebble is involved in is.
    Canine Intervention on Netflix. Man trains people dogs.
    Quite entertaining, the dog man is likeable. I have no idea if it has an educational value for dog owners though.