Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

2021 Fretboard Running Club

What's Hot

Comments

• Squeezed a final 10k out this morning, and now I ache like a bugger. 37k for the week, now for two days off to recharge legs, watch and headphones! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, after pushing my distance to 14k last Saturday, I suddenly found myself feeling discouraged by the weather this week.  Its been particularly cold and windy.  I realised that I don't relish running into a freezing headwind.
    I put running off for a couple of days, but finally got myself moving on Wednesday.  Same again Friday.  Today its cold, windy and drizzling - and I'm a bit hyper because I've got a job interview tomorrow.  Anyway I drove myself out and, as usual it was fine once I'd warmed up.  Plus I'm a bit calmer now.
    I've reached my weekly goal of 20k, across three runs, in a week that could easily have ended with no running.  Brave boy.  Pat on the back........
  • The freezing headwind was brutal this morning. Definite misgivings about having chosen shorts ... but once I'd warmed up a bit it was fine, and then the sun even came out  =) Pushed on to 20km, which makes 43km this week.
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    I always have to remind myself that the rain always looks a lot worse from inside the house than it is once you're out there.

Easier saying it than putting into practice, mind.
  • Finished week 6 of couch to 5k.
    Managed 3 x 6k runs.

Still early days for me. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Managed 3 x 6k runs.

Still early days for me. 
    Good on you pal. You’ll be capable of more than you think. The best thing a friend did for me was tell me that if I could run a 5k, I could do a ten. I thought it nonsense, but he was right. As wanky as it sounds, positive mindset is 8/10ths of the battle. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 38k this week, just hit my 100km target for the month with a week to spare. Feel knackered now though, so I think a few days rest is in order. 
  • 38k this week, just hit my 100km target for the month with a week to spare. Feel knackered now though, so I think a few days rest is in order. 
    Well done!

I was hoping to squeeze my 20k per week up to 100 for the month, but its a short month, so its starting to look a bit doubtful.

I had a covid jab on Thursday.  No, I'm not that old, but I do some social care volunteering and 'the authorities' declared this to make me eligible for the jab.  Anyhoo, the downside was a day of side-effects yesterday - high temperature and a pounding head.  So that was one planned run out of the window.  I'm not too bad today, just a bit tired.  I've been planning a 10 miler for tomorrow.  Fingers crossed, I'll feel up for it.
  • BahHumbug said:
    38k this week, just hit my 100km target for the month with a week to spare. Feel knackered now though, so I think a few days rest is in order. 
    Well done!

I was hoping to squeeze my 20k per week up to 100 for the month, but its a short month, so its starting to look a bit doubtful.

I had a covid jab on Thursday.  No, I'm not that old, but I do some social care volunteering and 'the authorities' declared this to make me eligible for the jab.  Anyhoo, the downside was a day of side-effects yesterday - high temperature and a pounding head.  So that was one planned run out of the window.  I'm not too bad today, just a bit tired.  I've been planning a 10 miler for tomorrow.  Fingers crossed, I'll feel up for it.
    10miles is impressive. Not done that yet - I’ve been doing a lot of 10-12ks lately though, so I’d like to push up to 15, with a view to a half marathon in the summer. 
  • BahHumbug said:
    38k this week, just hit my 100km target for the month with a week to spare. Feel knackered now though, so I think a few days rest is in order. 
    Well done!

10miles is impressive. Not done that yet - I’ve been doing a lot of 10-12ks lately though, so I’d like to push up to 15, with a view to a half marathon in the summer. 
    On the volume that you're putting in, I doubt that you'll struggle to extend to 10 miles and beyond to half marathon.  Its important to pace yourself and get your recovery time, but I'm sure you know that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh, thought I should mention to all runners; I bought these on a bit of a punt (reviews are brilliant but they’re an unknown so I was skeptical) got to say, they’re incredibly good, especially for the money. I was using Powerbeats 3 til I got these and they were having repeat issues with loss of connection. These sound infinitely better and performance is amazing. Would definitely recommend to all without hesitation. 

Managed 3 x 6k runs.

Still early days for me. 
    Good on you pal. You’ll be capable of more than you think. The best thing a friend did for me was tell me that if I could run a 5k, I could do a ten. I thought it nonsense, but he was right. As wanky as it sounds, positive mindset is 8/10ths of the battle. 
    Will push myself for a Friday 10k
    Strong chance I might text you some abuse
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Managed 3 x 6k runs.

Still early days for me. 
    Ha! Pacing is key. 
    Managed 3 x 6k runs.

Still early days for me. 
    Ha! Pacing is key. 
    I cant even pace myself with a bag of chips 

I think I can do it, I just live in a hideously hilly area.
    Last run had 87m of elevation. That hurt!
  • Did my planned 10 miler today.  Yay!  No joint pain anywhere.  Yay!

I’m just absolutely f*@#%d.  Still, nearly bedtime.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    Back on it today after the best part of a month injured. Steady 4 miles and then a 2 mile walk. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • I’ve definitely tweaked my hip! Having to do strengthening exercises going forward. Thankfully I can take it easy these week - maybe do a couple of tens all being well, and leave it at that. 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1467
    Managed 4 runs and 14 miles last week. Aiming for 20 this week but am definitely sore in the lower back after last night’s run. 

March will be a slog.... my target this month is 50 miles, next month it goes up to 70. I’m feeling stronger in the legs so I should be able to increase my runs to 5milers on average which will help but still feels like hard work :D 
  • I’ve done 10km tonight and hit 50km for the month.
  • I’ve definitely tweaked my hip! Having to do strengthening exercises going forward. Thankfully I can take it easy these week - maybe do a couple of tens all being well, and leave it at that. 
    Look at Mark wildman hip mobility on youtube