PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• @Lebarque ;

I couldn't see any Flooded Thames image (completely absent on the phone and computer) hence I thought it was the "white swan in the snow" joke.

Perhaps my systems are not connecting properly - though all the other images are fine...
    No, I can't see it either.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3815
    edited February 2021
    @Lebarque ;;

I couldn't see any Flooded Thames image (completely absent on the phone and computer) hence I thought it was the "white swan in the snow" joke.

Perhaps my systems are not connecting properly - though all the other images are fine...
    No, I can't see it either.
    Oh, haha. I've uploaded it again using Imgur for your viewing pleasure. @Jonathangus @SPECTRUM001 ;
  • Got it now. 

Beautiful (and much better than a swan in the snow joke).

’sno joke !!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    This month's pic was shot at dawn on Monday which was a foggy day out of my bedroom window (for anyone who is interested).

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    Fretwired said:
    This month's pic was shot at dawn on Monday which was a foggy day out of my bedroom window (for anyone who is interested).
    Cracking shot it is too.  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3002
    Also for anyone interested, my pic is from Fredericksburg, Texas, which I have now left on the 4th leg of my world travels during Covid. I'm now in Van Horn a small town base for hiking the Guadalupe Mountains tomorrow and will be in the US until the end of March. 

When the competition was announced I suddenly realised I had zero back-lit pictures! I have some sun rises and self portraits but nothing I felt were 'back lit'. 

I have found the Americans to be very patriotic, there are US flags and Texas flags everywhere, much more so than the UK. So, I felt it appropriate to take a back-lit pic of some flags blowing in the wind. 

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    boogieman said:
    Fretwired said:
    Cracking shot it is too.  ;)

Thanks ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • @Winny_Pooh - this month's challenge is great, and has invited some very aesthetic responses. 

Mine was also from my home window. I was thinking about what I might be able to do, and looked west and saw the sky. Quite unusual for urban London. All my shots are just on the iphone, and in this case I loaded it onto tFB within minutes. 
  • I'm really liking all the entries so far - it's going to be another tough month to pick a top three!

I had an idea for some sort of "sun behind a building" shot this month, but I don't think I'm going to get a chance to do anything like that in time... while I was looking for something else today I found a shot that I took in Chelthenham last year which fits the theme perfectly :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Took a crop from the pic I nearly used last month.  I like the way the light shines through the rats' ears.

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Took a crop from the pic I nearly used last month.  I like the way the light shines through the rats' ears.
    I didn't actually notice that! Nice shot :)

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• @skullfunkerry ; - cheers!

• Remember everyone, tonight is the last night to enter :)

• *** VOTING IS NOW OPEN IN THE COMPETITION THREAD ***

• Ah shit I missed it. :(
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    Ah shit I missed it. :(
    Me too but the submitted entries are great and once again difficult to vote on. Nice work chaps.
  • Just a reminder - today is the last day of voting :)

• Winner has just been announced in the competition thread :)

• Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

• ShrewsShrews Frets: 3002
    I gave up work to travel in May 2020. Obviously it's been difficult, but as a lone wolf walker, it's been possible to stay away from the crowds. I see stupidity, brainlessness, complacency and downright hypocrisy and lies everywhere (by governments and airlines). The human race does not know how to communicate.

Anyway, my boots are the things I see every day. They're well worn in now. Once they were heavy, now they're like slippers. They've become like Wilson - Tom Hanks' football in Castaway. They've been in oceans, walked on beaches and covered in snow up a 12,000ft mountain.

They're now about to walk in the Grand Canyon, before heading home to Gawd knows what on March 14th.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom