New Dinosaur Jr album

freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1207
edited February 2021 in Music
The new Dinosaur Jr album, Sweep it Into Space is released 23rd April. 

Some info here:

https://overblown.co.uk/alt-rock-dinosaur-jr-share-i-ran-away-announce-new-album/

In a marketing catastrophe their label put it on Soundcloud for 8 hours in January and I can therefore confirm that it is great! Pre ordered the purple vinyl today.
Link to my trading feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BudgieBudgie Frets: 2099
    Thanks for the heads up! Did you order it from the Dinosaur Jr website which is an exclusive and light purple vinyl? I see Drift have it listed as dark purple vinyl with a free CD.... hmmm, I need to order this I think but unsure whether to have it shipped from Germany with pricier shipping and the risk it’ll get damaged in customs or just get the standard indie shop one.
  • Budgie said:
    Thanks for the heads up! Did you order it from the Dinosaur Jr website 
    Yes, from the band's website link to Bingo Merch.
    Cheers, I went for the Bingo Merch version.
  • This is good news, I'm a longtime admirer of the Mascis guitar style. 
  • Excellent. J’s a legend. 
  • I saw them in 92/93. My ears are still ringing.
    edited April 2021
    @freakboy1610 - Have you received your order from Bingo Merch yet? I apparently had a missed delivery today followed by an email from Royal Mail headed HM Revenue & Customs - I assume it’s for the DJ album. Unless it’s a scam email of course!
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1207
    Budgie said:
    @freakboy1610 - Have you received your order from Bingo Merch yet? I apparently had a missed delivery today followed by an email from Royal Mail headed HM Revenue & Customs - I assume it’s for the DJ album. Unless it’s a scam email of course!
    Yes, mine got delivered today along with signed art print. The light purple vinyl looks fantastic. I only just got home from work but I've got tomorrow off so it'll be blasting around the house in the morning. 
  • Great album. I thought the last album felt a bit tired. With Kurt Vile in, there’s definitely some new vitality to this one, driving acoustics, a more open and clear production. Really liking it. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 972
    Looking forward to giving this a listen. I really enjoyed the last album, can’t believe that it came out in 2016 though! Time files.
    Budgie said:
    Yes, mine got delivered today along with signed art print. The light purple vinyl looks fantastic. I only just got home from work but I've got tomorrow off so it'll be blasting around the house in the morning. 
    Good stuff! Did it arrive by Royal Mail? I’m still waiting for mine to arrive.
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1207
    Budgie said:
    Good stuff! Did it arrive by Royal Mail? I’m still waiting for mine to arrive.
    I wasn't here when it was delivered but it has DHL on the label.