Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I miss Randomhandclaps and Frankus

What's Hot

Comments

• BrioBrio Frets: 1789
    edited February 2021
    Somebody was having a bad time and had 5 (I think) wax figurines with names on slowly burning and melting. I possibly deserved it. Didn’t know there were 4 others like me too.
    I was an arse to Tom Ross but have since apologised. I also was rude about Goji too and got a fair bit of grief for that. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10229
    Brio said:
    Somebody was having a bad time and had 5 (I think) wax figurines with names on slowly burning and melting. I possibly deserved it. Didn’t know there were 4 others like me too.
    I was an arse to Tom Ross but have since apologised. I also was rude about Goji too and got a fair bit of grief for that. 

That reminds me, haven't seen @thomasross20 round here for a while.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That reminds me, haven't seen @thomasross20 round here for a while.

Funnily enough, I was thinking the same thing the other day. Hope he’s okay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    That reminds me, haven't seen @thomasross20 round here for a while.

Funnily enough, I was thinking the same thing the other day. Hope he’s okay.
    Now I'm thinking it too ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    stonevibe said:
    I miss Drew getting banned every other day, was like a soap opera and you could drop in any day of the week to catch up on the banning.
    The cheques have put paid to that! I get to choose who I want to be banned or coolered now, and the mods just jump to it!
    You need to make sure your cheques are big enough... wouldn’t want you to get out-bid with a bigger cheque now...
  • stonevibe said:
    I miss Drew getting banned every other day, was like a soap opera and you could drop in any day of the week to catch up on the banning.
    The cheques have put paid to that! I get to choose who I want to be banned or coolered now, and the mods just jump to it!
    You need to make sure your cheques are big enough... wouldn’t want you to get out-bid with a bigger cheque now...
    Don't make me open up a Patreon.

Bye!

stonevibe said:
    Sometimes being a modmin isn't about the money... it's about the satisfaction.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibe said:
    Sometimes being a modmin isn't about the money... it's about the satisfaction.....
    Psychopaths can't feel satisfaction!!

Bye!

stonevibe said:
    Neither can modmins...
  • stonevibe said:
    Neither can modmins...
    I'm tired of beating around the bush. Send me your address, I'll swing by wearing a Lixarto facemask and a leotard. I'll turn that frown 360 degrees around.

Bye!

stonevibe said:
    Neither can modmins...
    I'm tired of beating around the bush. Send me your address, I'll swing by wearing a Lixarto facemask and a leotard. I'll turn that frown 360 degrees around.
    1, Bigsby Drive,
    Bedroom St. Flipper,
    Relicsville,
    Chappershire.
    P&E1 BCD0

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Lixarto! Now there's a twat of the highest order!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Lixarto! Now there's a twat of the highest order!
    I got on fine with him and we sent PMs about Bernie Torme. Then one day he said something quite rude to me in a Discussion,  I can't recall what it was but it seemed completely out of order especially considering we normally had positive communications, and a week or so later he was gone from the forum. I don't remember the detail of how he left but I guess he was having a bad time either in life in general or just on here. I know that he isn't remembered fondly on the whole but 99% of the time he was fine by me.     

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    Anyone remember that phase Frankus went through where he'd make a post and then edit it to just a full stop shortly after? So barely anyone got to read what he said and topics just looked like a one way conversation.
    I asked him why he was doing it and he sent me a PM that I read about 10 times and still didn't understand haha.
  • vizviz Frets: 10644
    I have to say I liked him!

mike_L also left some time ago, top bloke. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    I got on fine with him and we sent PMs about Bernie Torme. Then one day he said something quite rude to me in a Discussion,  I can't recall what it was but it seemed completely out of order especially considering we normally had positive communications, and a week or so later he was gone from the forum. I don't remember the detail of how he left but I guess he was having a bad time either in life in general or just on here. I know that he isn't remembered fondly on the whole but 99% of the time he was fine by me.     

He probably just didn't come across well on a forum. Bit like that episode of Bob's Burgers where he turns up at a forum meetup and it turns out they've all taken his posts the wrong way and hate him.
  • DefaultM said:
    Anyone remember that phase Frankus went through where he'd make a post and then edit it to just a full stop shortly after? So barely anyone got to read what he said and topics just looked like a one way conversation.
    I asked him why he was doing it and he sent me a PM that I read about 10 times and still didn't understand haha.
    I liked Frankus and found him interesting but he had some odd ideas about effective communication.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
    Amen to mike_L. Super top bloke
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1789
    Darn. All these names from the past. I joined here 8 years ago but hardly visited until first lockdown when I bought a Variax and bunch of gear.
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    edited February 2021
    Brio said:
    I was trying to remember who burnt me in effigy back on the Music Radar forum that preceded this one. YouTube video and all.
    That was (Dave) MALAM ... who came back as FeloniousBee for a while... owner of some superb Jems and made a great "Krieger" SG too ....