Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I miss Randomhandclaps and Frankus

What's Hot

Comments

• BrioBrio Frets: 1789
    Of course. Thanks. You’re  right, his Jems were epic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    edited February 2021
    sticker said:
    Brio said:
    I was trying to remember who burnt me in effigy back on the Music Radar forum that preceded this one. YouTube video and all.
    That was (Dave) MALAM ... who came back as FeloniousBee for a while... owner of some superb Jems and made a great lKrieger SG too .... 
    He owned Steve Vai’s Neville for a while as I remember? Great player, his Zappa covers were brilliant. Funny guy too, he did some videos with a mask or a bag over his head. 

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4902
    Lixarto! Now there's a twat of the highest order!
    I went to one of the Northern GASFests he organised when I was a newish member and he was perfectly fine with me. 

That was where I met Gojirosan and Minkymonkey, and the "Ginger Giants" - the twin brothers. One of the twins was getting started with building guitars, and was planning an acoustic baritone.  He played my Seagull Artist and decided he wanted cedar top and mahogany back and sides, exactly the same.  Was one called Jamie?

And a chap called Sam who created The Overbear - he had a brother called Nick, who turned up here within the last year or so, but sadly I've forgotten their surname...

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    edited February 2021
    Nitefly said:
    I went to one of the Northern GASFests he organised when I was a newish member and he was perfectly fine with me. 

That was where I met Gojirosan and Minkymonkey, and the "Ginger Giants" - the twin brothers. One of the twins was getting started with building guitars, and was planning an acoustic baritone.  He played my Seagull Artist and decided he wanted cedar top and mahogany back and sides, exactly the same.  Was one called Jamie?

And a chap called Sam who created The Overbear - he had a brother called Nick, who turned up here within the last year or so, but sadly I've forgotten their surname...

Solar was one of the big ginger guys. I think he might still be around? 

I remember the brothers. You’re right, one was called Nick but I can’t remember their surname either. Aaargh, that’s really going to bug me now!  

I’d forgotten about Minky! There was Huey, the Scottish guy too. 
  • Does anybody still speak to @Alnico here?
    Sadly he decided out of the blue that he no longer wanted to have anything to do with me, which is his choice and his right, but would just be nice to know how he is as he was a good friend to me until that point.
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    Nitefly said:

Solar was Jamie and his Brother who made the guitars was called "Jammy" on the forum but I can't recall his real name.
    Nick and Sam Botfield were the other 2 .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Come back @Dalefty all is forgiven!?!
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Sassafras said:
    Ha, ha! He was a proper character! Didn't he get banned for bullshitting?

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4902
    edited February 2021
    sticker said:

Solar was Jamie and his Brother who made the guitars was called "Jammy" on the forum but I can't recall his real name.
    Nick and Sam Botfield were the other 2 .
    @sticker Good work, thanks for that!

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Sassafras said:

He had more ego than a hundred lead guitarists.
  • boogieman said:
    sticker said:
    Brio said:
    I was trying to remember who burnt me in effigy back on the Music Radar forum that preceded this one. YouTube video and all.
    That was (Dave) MALAM ... who came back as FeloniousBee for a while... owner of some superb Jems and made a great lKrieger SG too .... 
    He owned Steve Vai’s Neville for a while as I remember? Great player, his Zappa covers were brilliant. Funny guy too, he did some videos with a mask or a bag over his head. 

I remember him too, originally from another forum 6stringheaven, we were both had some iconic Jems
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4290
    I didn’t ever understand anything Frankus posted. He was like Confucius on steroids. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    Sassafras said:
    If that was sufficient grounds, this forum would be a very quiet place ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Whatever happened to the GAS legend that was Nocaster?? Most of the used gear ended up winging it's way to Kirkaldy (and often back out again)
  • Whatever happened to the GAS legend that was Nocaster?? Most of the used gear ended up winging it's way to Kirkaldy (and often back out again)
    I did one of his pedal kits.. Zen drive with boost I think - my shit soldering meant it took about 3 weeks to build.. and then it didn't power up! 

More recent but I can confirm the legend that is @equalsql is ok after bumping into him while out on a walk. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

Whatever happened to the GAS legend that was Nocaster?? Most of the used gear ended up winging it's way to Kirkaldy (and often back out again)
    I did one of his pedal kits.. Zen drive with boost I think -
    In a huge co-incidence, I came across an old - un-built - kit of his recently.  A TS9 / overdrive of some sort.  I guess I should really try to find a circuit diagram and put it together!
  • TTony said:
    Whatever happened to the GAS legend that was Nocaster?? Most of the used gear ended up winging it's way to Kirkaldy (and often back out again)
    In a huge co-incidence, I came across an old - un-built - kit of his recently.  A TS9 / overdrive of some sort.  I guess I should really try to find a circuit diagram and put it together!
    Well it aint gonna work after you've done that!!

Bye!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:
    Well it aint gonna work after you've done that!!
    OI!

i know which end of the soldering iron gets hot and everything.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    Nitefly said:

That era was “peak forum” for me.

Nick Botfield was the most unassumingly casual-rockstar who was never even in a band. Awesome singer and player. We played on a few things together at IGF and Swinfest.

He is (I kid you not) a Librarian 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    Just dug these out as mentioned in this thread:

frankus 

Minky Monkey

Nick Botfield 

Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom