Password managers ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2419
    I really should step into the 21st century. All my passwords are stored in an old Palm Organiser that can't be hacked because it has no internet connection, just one password to access the Organiser. If it packed up I'd be in trouble, although I replaced it's battery not long ago and it is also backed up to another non-internet device.

I'm reading this thread with interest though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4118
    I've been using Keepass for years. Free, open source. I distribute the database via Google Drive to my various devices.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    I like 1Password
    Red ones are better. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4902
    I'll do it, Emp, just give them all to me and I'll look after them for you.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlmachAlmach Frets: 105
    I could crack your password protected spreadsheet in under a minute if I had it.

I think maybe your l33t haxxor skillz need updating. LibreOffice saves files in AES256 format. Estimates are, if you live in a single star system, you won't crack it this century.

The password might be an easier option, a pass phrase of 6 words with a few special characters so around 100 bits of entropy. That should keep a decent sized server farm chugging away at full throttle for a decade or two.

If you are using Microsoft stuff then all bets are off as you don't know what "telemetry" they are slurping.

Paying to save all your information to a cloudy nonsense that might not be there when you need it borders on the stupid.

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4065
    Almach said:
    I could crack your password protected spreadsheet in under a minute if I had it.

I think maybe your l33t haxxor skillz need updating. LibreOffice saves files in AES256 format. Estimates are, if you live in a single star system, you won't crack it this century.

The password might be an easier option, a pass phrase of 6 words with a few special characters so around 100 bits of entropy. That should keep a decent sized server farm chugging away at full throttle for a decade or two.

If you are using Microsoft stuff then all bets are off as you don't know what "telemetry" they are slurping.

Paying to save all your information to a cloudy nonsense that might not be there when you need it borders on the stupid.

Usually you just convert the xlsx extension to zip, open, manipulate one of the files within, change back to xlsx and voila the old pwd is corrupt and you are prompted to set your own, thus are "in".  One minute. 
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    I've been trying out Microsoft Authenticator's password manager, which I thought looked OK. Been using it with Edge and despite deselecting the "Sign in automatically" option, it's just signed me in to my PayPal account without prompting for additional information, which is pretty scary. 

Lastpass is a pain when you have to constantly re-enter passwords, but at least it feels like it's asking too many times, not allowing access without checking. 
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    I generally just use Google Chrome across my devices and use the built in password manager.
    it can be a bit of a pain trying to remember passwords for apps though if they don’t have a website login that I’ve got saved in Chrome.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.