I’ve been sugar free for 1 week.

What's Hot
skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
I feel no different. Lolz 

But a milestone for me! 

I say sugar free.. what I mean is, I have gone from approx 7ish cups of tea or coffee a day each containing 2-3 teaspoons of sugar, and several cans of coke a week, to zero sugar in my hot drinks. 

Instead I am using 2 sweeteners at zero calories. 

My coke intake is now just one bottle a week with an Indian on Saturday. 

My weights gone down by 11lbs approx. 

I’ve also started drinking more water instead of hot drinks. The water is like the bottled flavoured stuff, so again zero calorie but has sweeteners in it. 

Probably having too many sweeteners now though. 

My next step is to have only 1 sweetener in my hot drinks and mix the flavoured waters up with having some standard waters instead. 

Massive headache and felt like shit 4 days in, but feel ok now.

Also had some new tyres fitted to the bike so when it warms up a bit (yeah I’m a poosay), I’ll try and get out a few times a week for half hour rides to get exercise in. 

Just felt like sharing this. Longest I’ve managed to stick to something!
The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4065
    Have your teeth started to grow back yet :hushed: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    Have your teeth started to grow back yet :hushed: 
    Teeths? What are those? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    I am quite surprised by my teeth. I only have one filling, which I had about 10 years ago! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7744
    edited March 2021
    I’ve been sugar free for a year (though had Xmas/New Year off). 

Love it, appetite reduced a lot, have no need fo snack, and if i do, a handful of nuts and a few 100% dark chocolate buttons fills me up until main meal times. 

Down 4 stone, though it took me 8 weeks to loose the weight i put back during the festivities. 

Would like to get another stone off, but no hurry. It’ll happen by the end of summer with no effort. 

If you can cook, its easy. If you can’t, its more if a challenge.  I don’t have a sweet tooth, so that helps.  

Wife is making loads if different keto cakes and biscuits today, is giving them to friends to try.  Not my thing at all. 

She also makes amazing sourdough breads, those i do have to fight to resist. Keto bread is not so good, though we make nice almond burger buns, which are tasty, firm, and last a week without going stale. 

Shes a good woman, bless her. 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I’m sugar free too now, Caffeine free also. If you want a fizzy drink which is naturally sugar free try Nexba Kombucha, it’s probiotic too so good for the gut. Strawberry and peach flavour is nice. You can get it in Sainsbury’s.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    I read somewhere that your body reacts to sweeteners the same way as to sugar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Going back 15 years I used to have 3 sugars in my coffee... Then reduced it to 2 and finally 1. Final leap was when I started my last job (2014 ish) I was offered a coffee at the interview and said just just black, no sugar. Since I got the job there whenever coffee was made (small team, whoever is making coffee gets it for all) it's always been no sugar.
    Was a little odd without sugar at first, but now I am totally revolted by even a bit of sugar in my coffee. 

Well done for cutting down dude, cut the sweeteners and soon you will be able to actually taste the coffee :)
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    I used to drink lots of fizzy juice but now it's like drinking syrup or something leaves your mouth dry and sticky. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:
    I read somewhere that your body reacts to sweeteners the same way as to sugar.

Some people trigger an insulin response to sweeteners which can cause the same sugar crash hunger and laying down fat.
    Certainly studies have shown that switching to diet drinks doesn't have the impact that you would expect based on the calories saved.

There is also a suggestion that they mess up your microbiome which can cause all sorts of other health problems.

That being said I've read quite a few books on heath written by respected doctors and scientists etc and one thing that they all agree on is that consuming liquid sugar is just about the worst thing you can do for your health.