Freeview Freesat Merger plus best PVR

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JohnS37JohnS37 Frets: 345
    We have two Manhattan freebies boxes, one upstairs, one down, and they are excellent.  Very intuitive controls and pretty reliable.  Not expensive either.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bcjimbcjim Frets: 39
    most TVs can have an external HD/USB stick plugged into them and use the built in Freeview/Freesat to record from.
    So can I buy a new telly into which I can directly plug the twin feeds from my Freesat dish?

Jim.
  • bcjim said:
    most TVs can have an external HD/USB stick plugged into them and use the built in Freeview/Freesat to record from.
    So can I buy a new telly into which I can directly plug the twin feeds from my Freesat dish?

Jim.
    My own tv has a freeview and freesat tuner. The down side is I cannot record two things at once. And I cannot record one thing and watch another. 

• JohnS37 said:
    We have two Manhattan freebies boxes, one upstairs, one down, and they are excellent.  Very intuitive controls and pretty reliable.  Not expensive either.
    The Manhattan t3r looks perfect. Thanks. 
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1012
    bcjim said:

Jim.
    I have the same issue, only one feed for digital, so hence the Humax. We worked out the savings from Sky was around £300 per year. 
    “Ken sent me.”
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 531
    bcjim said:

Jim.
    Yes you can , Most of Samsungs QLED range have twin Freesat connections. I've looked into this for my self  and as far as I am aware they are the only manufacturer who do this.
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1947
    bobblehat said:
    bcjim said:

Jim.
    Yes you can , Most of Samsungs QLED range have twin Freesat connections. I've looked into this for my self  and as far as I am aware they are the only manufacturer who do this.
    My 5 year old Samsung has twin Freesat Inputs.
  • bcjimbcjim Frets: 39

strumjoughlamps said Yes you can , Most of Samsungs QLED range have twin Freesat connections. I've looked into this for my self  and as far as I am aware they are the only manufacturer who do this.
    Thanks for the info.  I have learned something.

Jim.
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1947
    Panasonic also offer twin tuner Freesat on some models.
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 531
    bcjim said:

strumjoughlamps said Yes you can , Most of Samsungs QLED range have twin Freesat connections. I've looked into this for my self  and as far as I am aware they are the only manufacturer who do this.
    Thanks for the info.  I have learned something.

Jim.
    your welcome, you have to look closely at the specs for this. Almost all manufacturers will say something like "Twin Tuners" or " Dual Tuners" but they've only got one freeview (co-ax) and one freesat so no simultaneous recording functionality.