Modmins and Community - should we have a Wanted Section in classifieds?

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30826
Just browsing the classified and on FX alone, 16 of the the ads in page 1 of my feed were WTB ads.

Is it time that we perhaps have a sep WTB for each of the main catagories, just to help those seeking or those seeking a buyer, to find all in one place?

I think it would make it easier for both parties.

Thoughts?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• loveagood69loveagood69 Frets: 123
    WTB: Blue Telecaster, but not too blue.

Looking for a blue telecaster, must be 50s style with a 60s neck. Preferably made in knebworth or japan. The blue can't be too dark...or too light. PM me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16547

Looking for a blue telecaster, must be 50s style with a 60s neck. Preferably made in knebworth or japan. The blue can't be too dark...or too light. PM me.

How about the red les paul I have for sale?
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rprrpr Frets: 308

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4164
    WTB: a pirate memory game suitable for children of between 4 and 8. But not too piratey.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    WTB: a car that isn't a Honda Civic.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    I've always wanted them separate, makes total sense to me. I would still be checking both pages. 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    Yes yes yes make it happen.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8591
    It has crossed my mind because the ratio of WTB to FS threads has been growing, and we did some time ago. It might even been in a face to face conversation, remember those? 

There are a couple of arguments against. It increases the number of forum sections. Besides the additional complexity there’s the likelihood that people who don’t read the forum using Recent Discussions wouldn’t peruse WTB sections and realise that they’ve got exactly what you want collecting dust. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    If we do do this, can I suggest the buyer has to quote a maximum budget, given that a seller is mandated to quote a price?

Hopefully that will dissuade bargain hunters - or at least make it clear who they are.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    There is the question of extra modmin time moving ads to the correct sub section. Are users not capable of using the search facilities? Que a raft of posts about shouldn't this be over there?
    Remember this is a free facility with a classified added on. It's not a classified that raises funds to feed the admin costs!

That's my £0.02
    Tin hat at the ready.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11414
    The other complication is where to put FT ads.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    How about a 'For sale but I don't really want to and I'm likely to withdraw it' section or a 'Wanted but I don't have the cash yet till I sell my vintage Marlin Strat and I'm likely to change my mind anyway about what I want' section?
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Gassage said:
    Just browsing the classified and on FX alone, 16 of the the ads in page 1 of my feed were WTB ads.

Is it time that we perhaps have a sep WTB for each of the main catagories, just to help those seeking or those seeking a buyer, to find all in one place?

I think it would make it easier for both parties.

Thoughts?
    Flagged for being a sensible idea - We don't want any of those round these parts.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    Strat54 said:
    How about a 'For sale but I don't really want to and I'm likely to withdraw it' section or a 'Wanted but I don't have the cash yet till I sell my vintage Marlin Strat and I'm likely to change my mind anyway about what I want' section?
    ‘Just testing the water’
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    crunchman said:
    The other complication is where to put FT ads.
    In the Financial Times?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    JerkMoans said:
    Strat54 said:
    ‘Just testing the water’
    FEELER FS/FT

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24210
    Another vote from me.  It's a good idea.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2694
    I’ll go against the grain and say a single section is better. Sometimes I forget I have something that I’d be willing to let go and wouldn’t actively go to a dedicated WTB to see if someone wants to buy something I don’t know I want to sell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    Roland said:
    It has crossed my mind because the ratio of WTB to FS threads has been growing, and we did some time ago. It might even been in a face to face conversation, remember those? 

There are a couple of arguments against. It increases the number of forum sections. Besides the additional complexity there’s the likelihood that people who don’t read the forum using Recent Discussions wouldn’t peruse WTB sections and realise that they’ve got exactly what you want collecting dust. 
    Roland- apprc your position, but things also evolve- maybe worth a shot this time?

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24210
    By that argument @Roland, there is also the likelihood of someone who doesn't read the forum using Recent Discussions not perusing any instrument-specific section when they happen to have that specific instrument for sale.  If there were a single WTB section that covered all instruments and equipment, it would actually make it a lot easier to quickly scan that section and see if you have anything you could sell.  I've always felt that the existing mixing of buying and selling in the same section was counterproductive.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.