Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I miss Randomhandclaps and Frankus

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    TimmyO said:

He is (I kid you not) a Librarian 
    What’s his star sign got to do with it? 
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    boogieman said:
    TimmyO said:

He is (I kid you not) a Librarian 
    What’s his star sign got to do with it? 
    Genuine lol 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4902
    Cheers for those, @TimmyO - I seem to remember MInky Monkey had a thing about shirts, didn't he?  (Or was it just that everyone else took the rip out of him?)

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    edited February 2021
    Nitefly said:
    Cheers for those, @TimmyO - I seem to remember MInky Monkey had a thing about shirts, didn't he?  (Or was it just that everyone else took the rip out of him?)

oh god yes that was a thing - there was a bright blue velour one I particularly recall. And some sort of lime green paisley affair 
    Red ones are better. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10647
    edited February 2021
    Blackjack said:
    Does anybody still speak to @Alnico here?
    Sadly he decided out of the blue that he no longer wanted to have anything to do with me, which is his choice and his right, but would just be nice to know how he is as he was a good friend to me until that point.
    Hey there - yep @Blackjack he’s fine, can pass your regards on if u like?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12258
    Jooky might have left a few noses out of joint with his magazine venture but he was an absolute sweetheart, so generous. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • What magazine venture?? I always liked Jooky.

Bye!

• BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 227
    viz said:
    Blackjack said:
    Does anybody still speak to @Alnico here?
    Sadly he decided out of the blue that he no longer wanted to have anything to do with me, which is his choice and his right, but would just be nice to know how he is as he was a good friend to me until that point.
    Hey there - yep @Blackjack he’s fine, can pass your regards on if u like?
    Aww really pleased to hear he is ok.  He was a valued friend who I miss but I have to respect his wishes. Do say hi and send him my regards please.  Many thanks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    I really hope Jooky is ok.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    What magazine venture?? I always liked Jooky.
    He actually tried a couple @WiresDreamDisasters .

4:52 was an online magazine format.  The idea was that it would be published at 4:52am on a day (was it Thursday?) each week / fortnight.  He got quite a few of those out, with reasonably interesting content.  All free.

Guitar Quarterly was a hardback book format (A5-ish size).  That had more in-depth articles on guitar/music related topics.  I think he only ever managed to get 2 of those published - lots of reports about issues with printers, etc.    That was a subscription basis in which you paid for a year ahead.

Without going into details here, from my off-line conversations  with him, he also had some pretty severe health and domestic (but not family) challenges that would have caused any of us to re-evaluate what we were doing with our lives.

I last heard from him nearly 3 years ago.
    :(

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Jooky had issues with his brain I thought? You can hardly blame him for giving up the mag publishing with that sort of health problem in your life. His son is/was on here I think? 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    boogieman said:
    Jooky had issues with his brain I thought? You can hardly blame him for giving up the mag publishing with that sort of health problem in your life. His son is/was on here I think? 
    That's right. He was on borrowed time as it were. He had other issues as well.

A genuinely lovely guy and much missed. 

I am not sure if he is still with us but I hope him and his family all the best
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Mark/Jooky is a lovely guy - I hope he’s still around and doing ok, although it sounds like this might not be the case. Met him a few times, really nice chap. I know Lixarto got a bad rep on here, but he’s actually a very nice chap in real life too (everything is different from behind a keyboard). I went to that Northern Gas thing in Redcar about 12 years ago and he let me crash at his, and I’d met him before anyway. I did somehow see him naked at some point in the evening too but can’t remember why. We were all rather merry.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4423
    TTony said:
    That reminds me, haven't seen @thomasross20 round here for a while.

Funnily enough, I was thinking the same thing the other day. Hope he’s okay.
    Now I'm thinking it too ...
    Hi folks - all ok here, thanks. Mental busy time at work last year. Been playing more guitar again but not back to peak hours. 

What's new, any stories? 
    Would be great to get a guitar meetup once we're all allowed again...! :)
    Jetsam1 said:
    From way, way, way back. Gojirosan. He helped me out a bit and was nice and fun.
    I miss a lot of the original crew. Many still here and lots of great new folk - brilliant bunch of people, one and all! :)
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Can't bear to talk about RHC, still brings a tear to my eye. Sambostar too

Jooky, what a lovely lad, sorry to read some of the above.

@richardj was a legend I did quite a few trades and some crazy ones too. He lived in France too which made it all the more interesting to organise. Hasn't been here for a while now.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Hi folks - all ok here, thanks. Mental busy time at work last year. Been playing more guitar again but not back to peak hours. 

What's new, any stories? 
    Ah - great you’re okay. I agree, we should organise something once all this nonsense is over.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10647
    TTony said:
    That reminds me, haven't seen @thomasross20 round here for a while.

Funnily enough, I was thinking the same thing the other day. Hope he’s okay.
    Now I'm thinking it too ...

What's new, any stories? 
    The main news is that Emp’s buying a new car. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    You doing ok? 
    Yes 100% !!
    Everybody comes back eventually lol... 

edited March 2021
    I've still got trigger finger through ridiculous working hours - had two steroid injections but no luck, might have to get surgery nooooo!