Pontins 'undesirable guest list'

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1553
    Now i gotta watch Brad Pitt in Snatch
    He he - I have been thinking the same all week !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2158
    The discrimination based on surnames is downright illegal. I do feel for businesses, individuals and indeed the travelling community. They cant all be bad, but it is always the few who give the bad rep for the rest of them.

I worked for a metal supply firm in an industrial estate just outside of Bristol. Out of the blue one day, five caravans had parked up on the road leading into the business. I was greeted with the site of an overweight woman in a bra washing under her armpits when i was cycling into work one morning.

They were outside the main premises for at least two months, I was in regular communication with the council. Only to be told "nothing we can do, we've spoken to them they dont have anywhere to go at the moment". They were pissing and shitting in the bushes nearby (which was lovely to smell when cycling past). I was led to believe that in doing that, it's classed as a biohazard and the police have to act fast on it?

They vanished for a bit and then came back about a month later. I contacted several local businesses and gave them the direct line for the council to try and move them on.

These were auto electric workshops, car bodyshops and building supply firms. Everybody was thankful for the heads up, as they'd had break ins before.
    The council assured me that they had spoken to them and they were in town for a wedding and they would be away shortly (quite why parking in an industrial area is the best place to stay?)

We were approached in the warehouse by two guys asking to buy a £1400 barrel of swarf for £100.

Anyway......a few weeks later they had busted in the main gates and stole £14,000 of swarf (a giant twenty foot by twenty foot container). And then disappeared. The police do need more resources (as with every thing) and indeed more powers. And the travelling community need more spaces to stay.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • warheadwarhead Frets: 97
    To broaden the conversation up, is anyone aware what kind of a reputation English tourists are having around Europe? Am not sure was it in Spain, Croatia, Greece, or wherever(the same things are happening at each of these places), but the local government wanted to ban English people from spending their vacations over there for alcohol and drug abuse, starting up fights, shitting on the streets, etc......

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • warhead said:
    To broaden the conversation up, is anyone aware what kind of a reputation English tourists are having around Europe? Am not sure was it in Spain, Croatia, Greece, or wherever(the same things are happening at each of these places), but the local government wanted to ban English people from spending their vacations over there for alcohol and drug abuse, starting up fights, shitting on the streets, etc......

That too is fascistic.

Bye!

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    warhead said:

That's just the pikey wankers going on holidays.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    DrJazzTap said:
    The discrimination based on surnames is downright illegal. I do feel for businesses, individuals and indeed the travelling community. They cant all be bad, but it is always the few who give the bad rep for the rest of them.

I worked for a metal supply firm in an industrial estate just outside of Bristol. Out of the blue one day, five caravans had parked up on the road leading into the business. I was greeted with the site of an overweight woman in a bra washing under her armpits when i was cycling into work one morning.

They were outside the main premises for at least two months, I was in regular communication with the council. Only to be told "nothing we can do, we've spoken to them they dont have anywhere to go at the moment". They were pissing and shitting in the bushes nearby (which was lovely to smell when cycling past). I was led to believe that in doing that, it's classed as a biohazard and the police have to act fast on it?

They vanished for a bit and then came back about a month later. I contacted several local businesses and gave them the direct line for the council to try and move them on.

These were auto electric workshops, car bodyshops and building supply firms. Everybody was thankful for the heads up, as they'd had break ins before.
    The council assured me that they had spoken to them and they were in town for a wedding and they would be away shortly (quite why parking in an industrial area is the best place to stay?)

We were approached in the warehouse by two guys asking to buy a £1400 barrel of swarf for £100.

Anyway......a few weeks later they had busted in the main gates and stole £14,000 of swarf (a giant twenty foot by twenty foot container). And then disappeared. The police do need more resources (as with every thing) and indeed more powers. And the travelling community need more spaces to stay.
    Bertie Smalls on a bike
  • warheadwarhead Frets: 97
    FarleyUK said:
    warhead said:

That's just the pikey wankers going on holidays.

Haha, well..yeah, there's a valid explanation for everything  :-)