2021 Census

What's Hot

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    The wife filled it in, online, for us both, yesterday.. I'm assuming she represented me fairly and correctly..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1568
    I've been wondering if this year we'll see a lot of the Covid denier, brexit voter, anti BLM, anti Vax brigade coming out as anti-census.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 349
    I’ve done mine already, mainly because (unusually for me) I didn’t read the instructions.  No matter, the results wouldn’t be any different if I’d waited until the 21st.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    prowla said:
    Another bloody census??
    I know, why can't we just respect the result of the last one?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Got mine out of the way online. Only took a few minutes.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    edited March 2021
    I'm going to be Catholic, and English, and cross out all references to British.
    I’m putting English. I’m not one of those rabid Brexiters who has a St George flag in the front garden but I think it’s a legitimate right to have the country of your birth down on the census. People are perfectly happy with folk identifying as Scottish Welsh or Irish, so why not. 

The Jedi thing.... meh, it was funny for five minutes, now it’s just looks childish. There’s an option box for “no religion” anyway. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • My mom used to get really angry about the Census,in particular the 1980/81 census.
    Not a religious person,no strong political views etc, but as soon as the Census bloke tapped the door (they came and filled it in with you back in the day) she would completely go off on one as she thought it was state control.
    she had to fill it in tho when after about 5 separate attempts the census man bought a policeman with him.
    It was rather like Micky Flanagans sketch with the woman at the door flinging a cup of piss over unwanted callers.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    edited March 2021
    We don’t feel defined by where we were born or live. I’ve no idea what British or English ‘feels’ like. I know a lot of people do, but we just don’t..
    The wife put British in the end, as we figured it fitted best, out of the available options.
    She put us down as having no religion, which we don’t..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• skayskay Frets: 391
    I put down both English and British, seeing as it allowed me to choose both, as I feel British when we’re winning medals in the Olympics (go Team GB!) but English when the football is on (fewer medals in this second one)

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    usedtobe said:
    We don’t feel defined by where we were born or live. I’ve no idea what British or English ‘feels’ like. I know a lot of people do, but we just don’t..
    The wife put British in the end, as we figured it fitted best, out of the available options.
    She put us down as having no religion, which we don’t..
    I’ve no idea how it feels to be English as against British either. I’m not trying to be jingoistic or doing all that “we’re claiming our country back” crap. I was born in England, don’t see why I shouldn’t say that I'm English, that’s all. My passport says I’m British and I’m equally proud of that too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    If at any time a foreigner asks me, 'English' is my default answer. But I'm not sure why, because as boogieman said, the passport says I'm British.

• SUNBATHERSUNBATHER Frets: 85
    dano said:
    I've been wondering if this year we'll see a lot of the Covid denier, brexit voter, anti BLM, anti Vax brigade coming out as anti-census.

It's obviously all just to see how people live their lives, Big Brother Covid 19(84) five eyes Illuminati lizard elite need to know how many people live in a house, because those 5G vaccines from Microsoft can't provide that information, somehow. 
    Maximum volume yields maximum results
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    p90fool said:
    axisus said:
    Jedi? What a bunch of absolute twats.
    Yep, cringey as fuck. 
    It was briefly vaguely amusing in 2001.
    Almost.
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    There should be a census on the number of guitars, and the various types with brand names in the UK. 
  • rogdrogd Frets: 1509
    My Dad was Welsh. My Mum was half Welsh half Chinese. I was born in Germany on a British Army camp. I have a BAOR (British Army on the Rhine) birth certificate. I've lived in England most of my life, apart from Mocambique, Hong Kong, Taiwan and various other out of the way spots.
    What the hell am I??

rogd said:
    My Dad was Welsh. My Mum was half Welsh half Chinese. I was born in Germany on a British Army camp. I have a BAOR (British Army on the Rhine) birth certificate. I've lived in England most of my life, apart from Mocambique, Hong Kong, Taiwan and various other out of the way spots.
    What the hell am I??

A mongrel I guess. Like most of us.  :)
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4959
    edited March 2021
    rogd said:
    What the hell am I??

BC sec 2(1)(a) BNA '81 ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    BC sec 2(1)(a) BNA '81
    ?????!!!!!
  • rogd said:
    BC sec 2(1)(a) BNA '81
    ?????!!!!!

Your likely Nationality status as a first generation born abroad British Citizen.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    rogd said:
    BC sec 2(1)(a) BNA '81
    ?????!!!!!

Your likely Nationality status as a first generation born abroad British Citizen.
    Cor Blimey.