Chronic Prostatitis

of the non bacterial sort.  A (very very) close friend has this.

HAs anyone any experience of it.....for my friend?  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JohnS37JohnS37 Frets: 345
    Despite having had prostate cancer and prostate radiotherapy, I had to look up ‘prostatitis’.
    My experience started with a grossly enlarged prostate and acute urine retention.  I had never had such terrible pain, and wanted to die.  After various interventions I had the TURP operation, a re-bore of the prostate, which was successful and a huge relief.  However, the accompanying biopsy revealed cancerous cells, hence the radiotherapy.
    Anyway, this is all very serious stuff, with potential for a lot of pain and life-threatening cancer, so your friend should get a referral to a urologist ASAP.  
  • gary_macgary_mac Frets: 66
    JohnS37 said:
    Despite having had prostate cancer and prostate radiotherapy, I had to look up ‘prostatitis’.
    My experience started with a grossly enlarged prostate and acute urine retention.  I had never had such terrible pain, and wanted to die.  After various interventions I had the TURP operation, a re-bore of the prostate, which was successful and a huge relief.  However, the accompanying biopsy revealed cancerous cells, hence the radiotherapy.
    Anyway, this is all very serious stuff, with potential for a lot of pain and life-threatening cancer, so your friend should get a referral to a urologist ASAP.  
    I suffered the same, never experienced pain like that  :# :#   Can still remember the ride in the ambulance, every bump of the road threatened to explode my bladder :/
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    JohnS37 said:
    He has done thanks
    I sympathise with the pain as a med student i had a hip operation and went into retention.  Agony
  • TitchTitch Frets: 45
    I had the same experience as John S37 & gary_mac  hours of agony.
    I eventually had my prostate treated by Holep laser and I've been fine since.
    I would suggest that your friend goes to see their GP as soon as. 
  • BarriveeBarrivee Frets: 100
    It’s a total pain (literally) and can come and go and more than likely will be a lifelong condition. Obviously as has been said it 100% needs fully checking out however if it is prostatitis I believe your friend is at no greater risk than any one else of prostate cancer. 
    He may find these to be of help. 

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    As is the norm with this forum... someone post about something and you just have to get it!!!!

been to the quacks this morning... there was a fingering (no eye contact thankfully) and a course of antibionics on the way!...

struggling to walk properly and dosed up on codine and diclofenac but other than that... really grumpy!!!!
    edited March 2021
    Not enjoying this, can’t sleep, it’s like being continually kicked in the bollocks and arse... been told I can’t take the nsaid’s... the codine is not helping... any suggestions for pain relief more than welcome.

mines acute apparently... nothing cute about it!...
    poopot said:
    Not enjoying this, can’t sleep, it’s like being continually kicked in the bollocks and arse... been told I can’t take the nsaid’s... the codine is not helping... any suggestions for pain relief more than welcome.

Soaking in a hotbath some people find helps. I sympathise
    poopot said:

Grabbed some tramadol from the quacks... not even touched the sides... been told i have to wait for the antibiotics to kick in...
    poopot said:
    poopot said:

Grabbed some tramadol from the quacks... not even touched the sides... been told i have to wait for the antibiotics to kick in...
    Good luck it will ease soon im sure