The TV Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    ennspek said:
    Flight Attendant -  Sky. Only watched episode one but it's good enough to make me watch more.

Based on a book I'm unaware of, Air Stewardess living the high life ends up in deep doo doo.
    Watched it all - thought it was very good. 

Currently watching BORDERTOWN on Netflix - v good Scandinavian police thing 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Unforgotten, ITV, excellent cold case drama.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24189
    Just finished the 3 series of Handmaid’s Tale. S4 coming soon.

Very very good. And horrifying at the same time.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22724
    I watched the first episode of The Irregulars on Netflix last night.  1890s street urchins investigate crimes on behalf of Dr Watson and an unseen Sherlock Holmes, with some supernatural guff thrown in.  Distinctly underwhelming.

Then a couple of episodes of Todd and the Book of Pure Evil on Shudder.
    @Philly_Q That's a shame, was looking forward to that. I'll still try it though.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Just watched the grand tour. By eck the guys are looking rough!

Started watching the truth seekers not sure about it yet though.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22724
    ennspek said:
    @Philly_Q That's a shame, was looking forward to that. I'll still try it though.
    Give it a go, you may like it - and maybe it gets better!  I'll try another episode or two.
    @LastMantra I think current Top Gear is better than Grand Tour. There is an air of smug about the Grand Tour three I can't take anymore.
    ennspek said:
    @LastMantra I think current Top Gear is better than Grand Tour. There is an air of smug about the Grand Tour three I can't take anymore.

It wasn't terrible but yeah a bit cringe at times. I've not really got into the new tg either tbh but have watched a few repeats on dave.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10266

Just caught up on the first episode of the new Walking Dead. Bloody awful, and by all accounts the next few are just as bad.

I'm definitely out from now on. To think how good this show used to be compared to how it is now. Such a shoddy way to treat the fans who deserve more after all this time.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346

Just caught up on the first episode of the new Walking Dead. Bloody awful, and by all accounts the next few are just as bad.

I'm definitely out from now on. To think how good this show used to be compared to how it is now. Such a shoddy way to treat the fans who deserve more after all this time.

Ah, so you’re the other person watching it.  :) I agree, it’s somehow got even more dire. The new episodes are worse than the whisperers crap and I thought those were bad enough. It can’t have much of a future after this shitshow can it? 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2582
    DiscoStu said:
    I'm gonna say it: Line of Duty is pretty dire. Woeful acting and over-reliance on being operationally accurate which although I initially found interesting, now grates on my nerves and detracts from any storyline. 
    Totally agree on all points - after about two series me and my wife ended up watching it for the laughs - predict Compston's wooden meaningful stares, and the Irish guy's gushing outrage. Scotty from Star Trek was a more convincing character...

I just don't get on with Mr Mercurio's work - Bodyguard was just as bad. No it worse.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • DonnyMacDonnyMac Frets: 43
    boogieman said:
     It can’t have much of a future after this shitshow can it? 
    I read somewhere that there were two more series after this. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The Irregulars - Netflix. Sort of a teen horror Sherlock mash up. Promising but the plot had more holes than an string vest.

Invicible - Amazon Prime - Animated series based on the superhero comic by Robert Kirkland of Walking Dead fame. Really enjoyed the first two episodes.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24189
    Behind Her Eyes.

Netflix.

Not bad - bit slow in pacing but a nice story.

6/10
    DonnyMac said:
    boogieman said:
     It can’t have much of a future after this shitshow can it? 
    I read somewhere that there were two more series after this. 
    Oh shit, really? There’s been mention of a new group (not sure if it’s the helicopter lot ) Presumably they’ll drag that plot out for a couple of years then. 

There was also talk a couple of years back about a stand-alone film thing with Rick and a spin-off series with Carol and Daryl but I wonder if they’ll can those considering the poor viewing figures for the main show. 
    ennspek said:
    Unforgotten, ITV, excellent cold case drama.
    Just watched a couple of episodes from series 3. Really enjoying it, thanks for the heads up. 
    Just watched the grand tour. By eck the guys are looking rough!

Started watching the truth seekers not sure about it yet though.

Truth seekers was crap. But good omens came on after and was excellent! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2582
    Noticed another series of Bitter Daisies on Netflix. Not sure if it had the legs for a 2nd airing, but will give it a go.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    edited April 2021

Just a reminder for anyone that missed it as I  did for many years. The Detectorists is an absolute gem.

Also The League on Netflix