Did anyone get a Cooper FX Generation Loss?

What's Hot
Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3499
From the new batch? Sold out in minutes apparently. There will be a second batch, apparently, just a matter of waiting.

Does anyone have one of the older ones? Thoughts?
Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KeyrohKeyroh Frets: 60
    Not had chance to play one, but I've heard they're in much more regular production with consistent distribution now so they're less likely to be a scalper's delight 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    Yeah, it was a fool's errand to treat this like Led Zeppelin tickets. There is no finite number of the amount being made this time, they will be done regularly in batches. I bet if anyone placed an order with Anderton's they would eventually get it, although who knows what batch...

I just got a Hungry Robot Wardenclyffe Deluxe so I think my lo-fi needs are kinda sorted for now but the Gen Loss does have a couple cool tricks up its sleeve still... just not sure if those tricks are worth £300...
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    I think Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water does similar thing but Gen Loss has the Noise knob that is unique.

I have the CBA version but tbh I haven't tried it.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 961

Can always flip it on Reverb for a grand if you face an unexpected car or boiler bill 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5320
    I just watched a YouTube video of one because it didn’t know what one was or does.....

https://youtu.be/92YQDgksBEk

After watching said video I'm still not sure what one is or does...... :s
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    joetele said:

Can always flip it on Reverb for a grand if you face an unexpected car or boiler bill 
    I could get a new car if I sell it all... :o lol

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 956
    joetele said:

I could get a new car if I sell it all... :o lol

So jealous. 
  • I have had the bog box OG one with noise mod, the chase bliss one and now have the arcades with the generation loss card.

The cartridge thing seems weird and a bit vulnerable for say a touring board but for trippy home exploration  its fine but wow so easy to use and loads of options. I hope more people buy them as the sounds are excellent and in turn maybe he will expand.

@RaymondLin ha if you were going to sell it I think now is the time. People have gone bat shit for them. I sold mine for £600 6 months ago and it  went in 10 minutes and bought a lyra 8. Probably not many in the UK. I wouldn't usually do that and just sell for retail but I really wanted a lyra 8. ha It is great but the arcades card more than covers it and actually isolates the good sounds into modes. Discontinued chase stuff with wooden boxes is 20 + per cent on top of when it was new retail. 

I wasn't gagging to buy the v2 but probably will get one if the opportunity comes up.

I have had the bog box OG one with noise mod, the chase bliss one and now have the arcades with the generation loss card.

The cartridge thing seems weird and a bit vulnerable for say a touring board but for trippy home exploration  its fine but wow so easy to use and loads of options. I hope more people buy them as the sounds are excellent and in turn maybe he will expand.

@RaymondLin ha if you were going to sell it I think now is the time. People have gone bat shit for them. I sold mine for £600 6 months ago and it  went in 10 minutes and bought a lyra 8. Probably not many in the UK. I wouldn't usually do that and just sell for retail but I really wanted a lyra 8. ha It is great but the arcades card more than covers it and actually isolates the good sounds into modes. Discontinued chase stuff with wooden boxes is 20 + per cent on top of when it was new retail. 

I wasn't gagging to buy the v2 but probably will get one if the opportunity comes up.

Yeah, people have gone nuts for CBA stuff, all but the Gen Loss are wooden box.  That never came out in a wooden box, blooper is in wooden box, I think serial No. 6.  I have a few single digit serial and No. 1 for a Copper WV mk2 HiFi.  

No plans to sell them though, I didn’t get them for their value. I doubt it will drop that much as CBA stuff are pretty hard to come by, pandemic or not.
  • Just had an email to buy from a UK dealer as they had stock...clicked the link and all out of stock...within minutes. Crazy stuff.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 953
    edited April 2021
    I find it amusing how we spent 20 or so years developing technology to evolve from the old quirks of vintage gear and now we’re using modern tech to mimic it. Not judging, I’m a sucker for it too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1414
    Just had an email to buy from a UK dealer as they had stock...clicked the link and all out of stock...within minutes. Crazy stuff.
    Haha think I got the same link! Madness!
    How very rock and roll
  • haha yes I got the link on train and immediately started to buy it then came to my senses. Bloody sucker for that stuff.

@RaymondLin it just didn't do it for me as much as the potential of the cooper arcade but a cool pedal. I love my chase bliss fuzz factory and very unlikely to sell that. Nice one on the  bronze hi-fi they looked super cool. I have a black mkii warped vinyl that was limited I think and looks much better than the white. 

Now they are moving into new large premises with more staff I imagine availability will catch up a bit and sure some new pedals are not that far away.