SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED: PRS Mira

What's Hot
BidleyBidley Frets: 2913
edited April 2021 in Guitars £
My PRS obsession grows - anyone got a Mira they're wanting rid of?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 829
    edited April 2021
    Sound Affects have a black one, 24 frets with birds, although a tad pricey I think.

https://www.soundaffects.com/pre-owned-c101/2010-mira-in-black-pre-owned-p16795
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2913
    Cheers @RevMatt I had seen that one - agree the price is a bit much.
  • pedroC60pedroC60 Frets: 9
    There's one here that I nearly went for. Nice example. I am sure that the would do a deal. It's at 1195 on reverb so I reckon if you spoke to the shop direct then there would be wiggle room. https://www.leoted.co.uk/product/prs-mira-vintage-cherry-2008/
    Thanks @pedroC60 I'd be surprised if they came down to what I'd want to pay, but I'll add it to the list!
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
    There are a couple on eBay at the moment.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    All those above are selling for close to original cost, or even higher.  Who says PRS don't hold their value?
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1317
    edited April 2021
    Philly_Q said:
    All those above are selling for close to original cost, or even higher.  Who says PRS don't hold their value?
    All those are "advertised" for close to the original cost ,how many will sell for that or have sold for that?

Its like the Yamaha sg1000s prices are all £1500 , 1 person decides its worth that so every other yamaha owner thinks they are worth £1500 and advertise theirs, and they all remain unsold on e bay / facebook for months .
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2331
    edited April 2021
    Frets have an also overpriced, used Mira X in stock if of any interest - https://www.fretsguitarcentre.co.uk/contents/en-uk/p4196_Used-Paul-Reed-Smith-Mira-X-(2009)-Electric-Guitar---Sepia-Burst.html

The link won't paste properly for some reason so you'd need to copy and paste it into your browser.

I prefer the 22 fret look of the X and the 25th anniversary P90 model on the Mira chassis personally.
    mark123 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    All those are "advertised" for close to the original cost ,how many will sell for that or have sold for that?

Yes, fair point.  My comment was meant a little flippantly.

Although I'd guess those in shops will sell for close to the asking price - as discussed elsewhere, shops aren't particularly open to haggling these days as demand seem to be high.

If I can try to add something useful, I bought a Mira Korina from eBay last year for about £900, but even then maybe I was prepared to pay more than someone else might.
    Yeah there isn't much info from eBay completed listings, just a couple of active overpriced and/or collection only listings.

I suppose I'm thinking about the on that went on here last year for £650ish... Which is a great price and wouldn't expect one for that necessarily, but equally the thick end of a grand just seems a bit much given the Mira (Core or S2) are supposed to be the stripped back, no frills model.
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1317
    Bidley said:
    Yeah there isn't much info from eBay completed listings, just a couple of active overpriced and/or collection only listings.

I suppose I'm thinking about the on that went on here last year for £650ish... Which is a great price and wouldn't expect one for that necessarily, but equally the thick end of a grand just seems a bit much given the Mira (Core or S2) are supposed to be the stripped back, no frills model.
    Its the just before covid price thing , year and a half ago ,S/H mex fenders £500  ,usa standards £700 ,your miras £650 , now covid and a year plus later and the s/h prices have risen vastly , s/h mex £700 s/h usa £1000,and your miras £1200 .

As i stated earlier just because they are advertised at that price doesnt mean that is the going rate , go to completed listings on e bay you might find 1 that did sell for the inflated price , but that is "1".

But If you'd  seen loads of completed sales at the inflated price then you would have to accept this is the going rate.

Personally i think they will be a s/h crash in prices later this year ,when people who bought them when furloed to learn with then give up ,and shops get their orders they have been waiting for, i think it will be a buyers market by the tail end of the year .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4067
    I must admit, the SE ones are really, really good value - just as good as the S2s or X range were, and they've got the 22-fret neck join too.
    I must admit, the SE ones are really, really good value - just as good as the S2s or X range were, and they've got the 22-fret neck join too.
    Wide-thin necks, though.
  • cairobillcairobill Frets: 95
    edited April 2021
    Bidley said:

There's a difference in price and build quality between the early Mira Core and the later S2 - so you should be able to sort an S2 for 700-ish while the Cores are closer to a grand.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7735
    I prefer the look and pattern regular neck shapes of the Mira S2.

By contrast the Core Starla sounds and looks amazeballs and has the short scale. Vastly cooler guitar if it didn't have a wide fat or wide thin neck.
    cairobill said:
    Bidley said:

There's a difference in price and build quality between the early Mira Core and the later S2 - so you should be able to sort an S2 for 700-ish while the Cores are closer to a grand.
    Having owned quite a few Miras of various types, I don't think there's that much difference.  Of course the S2 has the scarf-jointed neck, cheaper tuners and cheaper pickups/electronics but I don't see any difference in actual build quality.  And I personally prefer the 22-fret neck and modified body contouring of the S2.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited April 2021
    Core Mira and the Starla for that matter have been steadily increasing in value over the years. I could never understand why they ditched them for the S2 models. Be prepared to wait it out for something sub £1k that’s in good nick. Long gone are the days you could pick one up used for £650-750ish

Core Mira and the Starla for that matter have been steadily increasing in value over the years. I could never understand why they ditched them for the S2 models. Be prepared to wait it out for something sub £1k that’s in good nick. Long gone are the days you could pick one up used for £650-750ish

I think the one I was referring to for £650 was an S2... I would pay that for one!
    edited April 2021
    Philly_Q said:
    cairobill said:
    Bidley said:

Having owned quite a few Miras of various types, I don't think there's that much difference.  Of course the S2 has the scarf-jointed neck, cheaper tuners and cheaper pickups/electronics but I don't see any difference in actual build quality.  And I personally prefer the 22-fret neck and modified body contouring of the S2.

Indeed - the biggest difference between the Core and S2 Mira is the two frets. The actual construction is far closer, compared to say Core and S2 Custom 24. I think it's telling that they discontinued the Core Mira when they started making the S2 version...