GAK vs. Andertons

What's Hot
Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
On Sunday afternoon I placed two online orders, one with GAK and one with Andertons.

Both items were in stock, the shops were of course closed for Easter but both promised free delivery.  Yesterday, 6 April, I received emails from both GAK and Andertons saying the items had been dispatched and would be delivered today.

The GAK parcel arrived this morning.  The Andertons parcel has not arrived.

So there you have it, definitive proof - GAK are great and Andertons are shit.

Or.... DPD are great and.... DPD are shit.  :(

11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11813
    Which one was the chicken and which one was the egg?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rocky1991Rocky1991 Frets: 314
    DPD just sacked there CEO after an internal investigation. Think they have bigger problems haha
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    edited April 2021
    Which one was the chicken and which one was the egg?
    Good question.... I don't know.
  • elkayelkay Frets: 77
    Andertons have also recently become pricier than most others.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    edited April 2021
    I will also use GAK over andertons.

I will keep my derogatory opinions about Lee Anderton to a minimum but I really do question that man's moral compass when he is trying to charge people to watch is product adverts on YouTube. Greed is not a good thing

Typo fixed!!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • CoffeeAndTVCoffeeAndTV Frets: 433
    elkay said:
    Andertons have also recently become pricier than most others.
    You’ll need to join their Anderson’s Plus or whatever it is.  ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GAK have always sent stuff out same day and delivered the next. Andertons advertise stuff on their site but when you order its somehow out of stock when they've taken your money. I have bought 3 guitars from Andertons but those were in the store. And I've bought 1 acoustic from GAK also in store. For online orders though I'll go with GAK.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579

I will keep my derogatory opinions about Lee Anderton to a minimum but I really do question that man's morale compass when he is trying to charge people to watch is product adverts on YouTube. Greed is not a good thing
    I suspect his morale is pretty high at the moment
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2021

I will keep my derogatory opinions about Lee Anderton to a minimum but I really do question that man's morale compass when he is trying to charge people to watch is product adverts on YouTube. Greed is not a good thing
    May have missed something, but are you referring to YouTube and ad revenue? 
    Rocky1991 said:

It was a cheap quip at @meltedbuzzbox ’s typo of moral compass as morale compass. That’s all
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    edited April 2021
    I'd rather shit in my own hands and clap than use Anderton's.

I really despise them.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    Rocky1991 said:

It was a cheap quip at @meltedbuzzbox ’s typo of moral compass as morale compass. That’s all
    No worries! Very good 
    Can someone elaborate on this andertons hate? Personally I would choose them over gak based on my own dealings
    Gassage said:
    I'd rather shit in my own hands and clap than use Anderton's.

I really despise them.
    You are Mudcrutch and ICM £5
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5654

He’s a business man and unlike me, he’s very good at it. The goal is to make money and to do that, he needs folk at large to spend it. If he gets people to subscribe to watch the videos he produces, hats off to him
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    As regards price, surely everyone price matches these days.  If you really want to patronise Andertons I'm sure they will meet any (genuine) price that GAK or anyone else is charging.

Personally I only use GAK as in all the years I've bought stuff from them I have never had a single issue.  I also would be very wary of ordering an item that Andertons claim is in stock, if GAK haven't got it.  

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3038
    Always had great service with online orders from GAK. Never bought in store from them though. 

Andertons have been fine but better service in store.

don’t get me started on GuitarGuitar’s online service... 
  • I am also perplexed as to why there seems to be such a hatred of Anderson’s round here? I haven’t got any personal experience of buying from them so can’t weigh in, but I’m also not aware of anything they/Lee has done that is morally wrong?
    Stevepage said:
    Always had great service with online orders from GAK. Never bought in store from them though. 

Andertons have been fine but better service in store.

don’t get me started on GuitarGuitar’s online service... 
    Buying at GAK in person is one of life’s little pleasures I’d recommend. Mostly because afterwards you can wander round the lanes and get a beer in a quirky pub.. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    I am also perplexed as to why there seems to be such a hatred of Anderson’s round here? I haven’t got any personal experience of buying from them so can’t weigh in, but I’m also not aware of anything they/Lee has done that is morally wrong?
    There was a bit of outrage recently when they announced they were starting a subscription channel on YouTube where you paid to access their back catalogue of videos advertising the products they sell....
    2reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.