Lamport Hall. “For the exposure” arseholes.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    Lameport Hall...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 6988
    “In the case of the walled garden event, our aim was to give local amateur performers the opportunity to perform in a casual setting, where they otherwise would not have the opportunity.”

I’d say an event where tickets start at £20 just to sit on a picnic blanket before you’ve started lashing out on food and drink is the very opposite of casual.  After spending that kind of money, the happy picnickers would have a firm expectation that the entertainment wouldn’t be ‘open mic night at the Dog and Duck’.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30882
    edited April 2021

To add insult to injury, earlier today I thought they might be a bit short of talent after the fall out, so I sent them my Youtube video of Pheobe Buffy's Smelly Cat and they've just rejected me.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dariusdarius Frets: 631
    Someone needs to get this gig as a lovely folky acoustic duo and Trojan horse RickRoll em. Turn up with their death metal 5 piece band, crank it to 11 and Djent the paying guests into next week. 
    You know, for exposure. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    Or the opposite, have a “bad” day 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72258
    darius said:
    Someone needs to get this gig as a lovely folky acoustic duo and Trojan horse RickRoll em. Turn up with their death metal 5 piece band, crank it to 11 and Djent the paying guests into next week. 
    You know, for exposure. 
    Apparently the Stranglers used to get gigs in their early days by being booked as a country band...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2627
    I've long thought that in the 90s a good way for a political protest band to get lots of one-off gigs would be to call themselves The Cause and get themselves an Irish manager.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    ICBM said:
    Apparently the Stranglers used to get gigs in their early days by being booked as a country band...
    "We're the Good Old Blues Brothers Boys Band from Chicago" springs to mind. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2234
    We've got both kinds
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24204
    They have finally done the right thing

http://lamporthall.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Walled-Garden-Announcement.pdf

Good job everybody!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom