GAK vs. Andertons

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• G4peiG4pei Frets: 7
    I purchased a high end Custom Shop Clapton strat from GAK. Piece of crap it was which is mostly down to the Fender Custom Shop. I sent it back to be set up and it came back worse in my opinion. However, GAK were supportive all along and finally took the guitar back and I spent the cash on something else (with them). To be fair and based on their support I'd use them again without hesitation.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1830
    poopot said:
    duotone said:
    HAL9000 said:
    Used Andertons a few times and they’ve always been great. Like many others here I don’t get the bashing.
    @HAL9000 ;;;;
    The bashing is mostly due to this:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSNxIry_FPFcQDFRbi3VOAw/community?lb=Ugw1kxo3Hq0qEFVKFCV4AaABCQ
    Nope... the Andertons bashing has been going on for a lot longer than that has been around...

the Andertons bashing is basically down to folk who feel entitled and get butt hurt if their delivery isn’t with them five minutes after they hit buy... or their money isn’t refunded the instant they ask for a refund when they’ve taken full advantage of the distance selling bollocks just to try a guitar at home... or because the relic guitar they bought has a scratch on it that doesn’t fit the template used by the guitar company... or because they didn’t get a big enough discount or a free set of strings etc etc etc etc and fucking etc...

it’s tiresome to keep having these threads pop up all over the forum... and yep, I know I don’t have to read the threads (they are hard to ignore tho’) which leads me onto:

The Andertons pay per view YouTube... don’t watch it... no one is forcing you... same with shipping with Andertons... no one is forcing you to spend your money with them... 

but for the love of Hendrix and all that the guitar gods represent.... stop fucking whining about Andertons...

also, whoever compared Lee to Jimi saville should really be booted from the forum IMO... what a crass and idiotic statement to make!...

Nobody compared the Andertons fella,Lee? to Jimmy Saville. That particular poster simply said that great acts of raising money for charity don't always come from good people. I see the point myself even though I pretty much doubt Lee Anderton has done any of the heinous things Saville did.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2934
    poopot said:
    duotone said:
    HAL9000 said:
    Used Andertons a few times and they’ve always been great. Like many others here I don’t get the bashing.
    @HAL9000 ;;;;
    The bashing is mostly due to this:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSNxIry_FPFcQDFRbi3VOAw/community?lb=Ugw1kxo3Hq0qEFVKFCV4AaABCQ
    Nope... the Andertons bashing has been going on for a lot longer than that has been around...

the Andertons bashing is basically down to folk who feel entitled and get butt hurt if their delivery isn’t with them five minutes after they hit buy... or their money isn’t refunded the instant they ask for a refund when they’ve taken full advantage of the distance selling bollocks just to try a guitar at home... or because the relic guitar they bought has a scratch on it that doesn’t fit the template used by the guitar company... or because they didn’t get a big enough discount or a free set of strings etc etc etc etc and fucking etc...

it’s tiresome to keep having these threads pop up all over the forum... and yep, I know I don’t have to read the threads (they are hard to ignore tho’) which leads me onto:

The Andertons pay per view YouTube... don’t watch it... no one is forcing you... same with shipping with Andertons... no one is forcing you to spend your money with them... 

but for the love of Hendrix and all that the guitar gods represent.... stop fucking whining about Andertons...

also, whoever compared Lee to Jimi saville should really be booted from the forum IMO... what a crass and idiotic statement to make!...

Nobody compared the Andertons fella,Lee? to Jimmy Saville. That particular poster simply said that great acts of raising money for charity don't always come from good people. I see the point myself even though I pretty much doubt Lee Anderton has done any of the heinous things Saville did.
    Exactly. Before calling for someone to be booted off the forum, at least take a moment to actually read their post.

I've bought from both stores regularly - though I've never visited GAK in person. 

I've never had any reason to complain about GAK, in fact I've found them very helpful, and these days their prices seem pretty good, especially for small items like straps and strings. (I'd rather pay £1 or £2 a set more for strings from a store with a physical presence, somewhere I might also buy a guitar from, than some bedroom seller on Ebay). 

Andertons have generally been good, although sometimes their phone sales staff haven't been particularly helpful. The only issue I had was wasting an afternoon travelling to Guildford to check out a guitar simply based on wrong information stated in one of their videos. Since then I've seen other misinformation in their videos, seems like they just can't be bothered to include facts, which is odd given they're basically intended to sell gear. I still buy from them, but pay less attention to their video content.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Bigsby said:

Exactly. Before calling for someone to be booted off the forum, at least take a moment to actually read their post.

I did read the post!...

fact is the posts from this forum do appear quite readily in google searches... It’s not unreasonable to think that now Andertons will appear alongside a search result returned for Jimi saville...

And here’s the post, hardly a favourable mention for Lee is it?

ennspek said:
    I think doubting Lee Anderton's moral compass and calling him greedy is harsh seeing as he just raised over £100,000 for Teenage Cancer Trust.
    Jimmy Saville is estimated to have raised over £40 million for charity. What is your point? Was he a man of sound morals?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Bigsby said:
    poopot said:
    duotone said:
    HAL9000 said:
    @HAL9000 ;;;;;

I've bought from both stores regularly - though I've never visited GAK in person. 

I've never had any reason to complain about GAK, in fact I've found them very helpful, and these days their prices seem pretty good, especially for small items like straps and strings. (I'd rather pay £1 or £2 a set more for strings from a store with a physical presence, somewhere I might also buy a guitar from, than some bedroom seller on Ebay). 

Andertons have generally been good, although sometimes their phone sales staff haven't been particularly helpful. The only issue I had was wasting an afternoon travelling to Guildford to check out a guitar simply based on wrong information stated in one of their videos. Since then I've seen other misinformation in their videos, seems like they just can't be bothered to include facts, which is odd given they're basically intended to sell gear. I still buy from them, but pay less attention to their video content.
    Really? Would you be happy to be associated like that? For your kids to see that while googling dad?
    The bloke runs a guitar shop, very well, and gets so much grief on here, I really don't get it.
    Don't like, don't watch or buy it's not difficult.
    Some people on here need to have a word with themselves.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • BarquentineBarquentine Frets: 281
    I've had good and bad experiences with both which I could probably say about dozens of other companies I've had dealings with over the years. Nobody gets it right every time. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11743
    ennspek said:

The bloke runs a guitar shop, very well, and gets so much grief on here, I really don't get it.
    I've never got it either.

He's taken a small guitar shop in Guildford and made it a global brand, becoming a minor internet celebrity in the process.

Then he recently raised 100k for kids with cancer.

Provided a platform for talented musicians on their way up in You tube world to make a name for themselves, while working for him (Rabea, Pete)

Clearly a monster...

Lee - if you are reading this thinking we are all dicks when one of your web guys shows you this thread, I'm sorry, it isn't all of us.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 29reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8685
    Closed whilst the moderators sort out the useful comments from the “let’s bash the retailers” content.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.