Chord of the Week PDF

What's Hot
As an Easter project I decided to try and compile a PDF of all the Chord of the Week entries. I like to avoid using electronic devices while playing and thought a printed version would work better for me. I wrote some code that tried to find all the chords and converted from the form C5add9: x3x033 text version into fret diagrams with the notes written out. It was all done in code, so there are no doubt lots of mistakes, but I thought I'd share the resulting PDF:

I only just discovered a few minutes ago that Bigjon the original compiler has sadly passed away a year ago, something I discovered while trying to make contact with him about working on the document. The work already being done, I thought I'd post it here for others to make use of.
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    Very good, thanks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    thanks
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    Wow, thanks so much. That's brilliant.
    Call me Dave.
  • If anyone like me lacks a printer, I have used Doxdirect to print a spiral bound copy. Came to £12.49 including postage for an A4 version with plain white card front and back.

Please do treat this as a first draft. This was all done by code and while I did try to sanity check it, I know for fact that there are some slash chords such as C7/E which look strange. In that specific case it that chord pattern comes from this post which refers to it as a chord fragment - which makes sense in the context of the song, but probably less so in isolation on the page.

If you see anything odd, let me know and I'll look into and see if I can improve the document.

All that said, I'm looking forward to working my way through it and learning some new shapes and sounds to use.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    That's brilliant, thanks for doing this. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 255
    Great job, much appreciated, Mike.