NGD

stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
edited April 2021 in Guitar
I finally got out to the guitar shop and tried (then purchased) an Ibanez AZ2402 Prestige. I pointed out a very slight scratch and got 10% off as well, which was a pleasant surprise. Nice and light - it comes in at just under 7.5lb.

The same model and colour as the one used by Max Ostro, Plus it's similar to the model used by Martin Miller. Perhaps I'm not worthy of it.

https://i.imgur.com/cs3rXoq.jpg

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Noice!

like the colour!.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Lovely! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine  =) Good choice with the Prestige too, they are that bit better. The only issue which I have with mine is the trem arm not staying fixed in place...I asked on FB recently, and a good little fix I was told about is a bit of plumbers tape on the bit of the arm that slots into the bridge, works a treat. You may already know that one but I'm fairly clueless when it comes to these things!
  • BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 349
    edited April 2021
    I know nothing about Ibanez stuff,  but that’s a nice colour.  HNGD!
  • Lovely! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine  =) Good choice with the Prestige too, they are that bit better. The only issue which I have with mine is the trem arm not staying fixed in place...I asked on FB recently, and a good little fix I was told about is a bit of plumbers tape on the bit of the arm that slots into the bridge, works a treat. You may already know that one but I'm fairly clueless when it comes to these things!
    Looks like you're supposed to squish a nylon retainer by tightening the knurled collar...does it not work like that?
    Lovely! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine  =) Good choice with the Prestige too, they are that bit better. The only issue which I have with mine is the trem arm not staying fixed in place...I asked on FB recently, and a good little fix I was told about is a bit of plumbers tape on the bit of the arm that slots into the bridge, works a treat. You may already know that one but I'm fairly clueless when it comes to these things!
    Looks like you're supposed to squish a nylon retainer by tightening the knurled collar...does it not work like that?
    Initially, yeah....but then it stops being so effective. It's fine if you're used to the bar flopping down after you've used it. It's the same as the little bushings you get for the trem arms on the Edge systems...ok for a bit but then start to lose their effect. I had a very long and very boring thread on my FB page about the whole thing. 
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    edited April 2021
    Lovely! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine  Good choice with the Prestige too, they are that bit better. The only issue which I have with mine is the trem arm not staying fixed in place...I asked on FB recently, and a good little fix I was told about is a bit of plumbers tape on the bit of the arm that slots into the bridge, works a treat. You may already know that one but I'm fairly clueless when it comes to these things!
    Initially, yeah....but then it stops being so effective. It's fine if you're used to the bar flopping down after you've used it. It's the same as the little bushings you get for the trem arms on the Edge systems...ok for a bit but then start to lose their effect. I had a very long and very boring thread on my FB page about the whole thing. 

Tightening the knurled knob works at the moment with this guitar. But I use plumbers' tape with my Strats.

It's not a competition.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    Nice one. So that's a mahogany body if like the MM? Which model is it?

Enjoy
    Lovely! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine  Good choice with the Prestige too, they are that bit better. The only issue which I have with mine is the trem arm not staying fixed in place...I asked on FB recently, and a good little fix I was told about is a bit of plumbers tape on the bit of the arm that slots into the bridge, works a treat. You may already know that one but I'm fairly clueless when it comes to these things!

Tightening the knurled knob works at the moment with this guitar. But I use plumbers' tape with my Strats.

=) Everyone seemed to know about it apart from me!
    edited April 2021
    Kebabkid said:
    Nice one. So that's a mahogany body if like the MM? Which model is it?

Enjoy

It's an AZ2402 Prestige. This one has a super light Alder body.

The MM has a great flame finish but (apart from the fact that it's a bit more expensive), I was a bit worried about the weight of mahogany. Perhaps that's unfounded because I've not had the opportunity to try an MM to check.

It's not a competition.
  • Lovely! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine  =) Good choice with the Prestige too, they are that bit better. The only issue which I have with mine is the trem arm not staying fixed in place...I asked on FB recently, and a good little fix I was told about is a bit of plumbers tape on the bit of the arm that slots into the bridge, works a treat. You may already know that one but I'm fairly clueless when it comes to these things!
    Ah...I hate floppage!

Long time since I had an Ibanez (thinking about sorting that soon)...although this is a Gotoh, right? They seemed to have got it right with the 510.
    Ah...I hate floppage!

Long time since I had an Ibanez (thinking about sorting that soon)...although this is a Gotoh, right? They seemed to have got it right with the 510.
    Yeah it’s a Gotoh....1802 or something like that? Would have to check. This one doesn’t have any little Allen key tightener or screw on the bottom that you can adjust.
    edited April 2021
    Now I've played it a bit more, it's a great guitar but tends to come up sharp after whammy bar dips. Big bends nut sauce seems to be helping. I guess it just needs playing in to loosen it up a bit.

Although there are 10's on it, they (sort of) feel like 9's. The strings feel a bit stiffer when bending than my Fenders with 9's, but just as easy to bend. Probably because the frets are tall.

It's not a competition.